Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO and the front right speaker is not working.
Both rear speakers are working. I flopped the two front speakers and the right is still the issue.
Took the fairing off, checked for obvious wiring issues which was I did not find.
I reset everything to factory and upgraded the system.

Could this be a radio Boom issue or an amp issue?
Thinking of upgrading the amp and speakers to Soundz or Rokker but don't want to invest if I have a bad head unit.

Any way to diagnose the radio other than the normal error codes?
Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I have the '15 version of that bike and had the same thing happen. Mine was the amp. I did the same trouble shooting methods you did.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What he said...Your amp has a dead channel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting, My right speaker stopped working this week on my 2015. I verified that it is not the speaker by swapping them. I took the fairing off and I do not see an amp which is surprising because the music is quite loud. I bought the bike used and it has the Boom Stage I front speakers. If it had an amp where would it be? There doesn't seem to be a lot of space in the faring for an amp.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Follow your speaker wires. They either go to a amp or your HU

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Interesting, My right speaker stopped working this week on my 2015. I verified that it is not the speaker by swapping them. I took the fairing off and I do not see an amp which is surprising because the music is quite loud. I bought the bike used and it has the Boom Stage I front speakers. If it had an amp where would it be? There doesn't seem to be a lot of space in the faring for an amp.
If it has a stock one, it's under the radio.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Boom Stage I does not have a stock amp. Stage II 2 speaker system will an amp located under the radio... 4 speaker system will have amp under radio and amp in left side saddle bag

·
JMJOHN
995 Posts
Spazz ,,,,,,

I believe the BOOM I system in the 2016 CVO RoadGlide Ultra DOES have a Harley amp mounted directly UNDER the radio ,,,,,,

that is the amp we remove each time when installing one of our plug-n-play ROKKER systems for the 16RU like we show here https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=XXRK-700SP4-15RU-CVO ,,,

we do a lot of these at the shows and include installation and proper radio flash so that all the radio functions of front/rear fade, bass, treble and AVC are active with the 700w ROKKER amplifier,,,,

·
Registered
753 Posts
Dang, I feel sorry for that fella. Hopefully he's got an understanding wife when he figures out he's 0 for 2 and installs a third system. Talk about jumping out of the overrated expensive frying pan into the fire.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Boom Stage I does not have a stock amp. Stage II 2 speaker system will an amp located under the radio... 4 speaker system will have amp under radio and amp in left side saddle bag

CVO RGU has the 1 amp under the radio and is considered the Stage 1 with the Stage 1 speakers. Here's a pix I just took today. Look for the black right under the radio. It's actually mounted fins down.

It's in there somewhere, I promise. Lol

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Spazz ,,,,,,

I believe the BOOM I system in the 2016 CVO RoadGlide Ultra DOES have a Harley amp mounted directly UNDER the radio ,,,,,,

that is the amp we remove each time when installing one of our plug-n-play ROKKER systems for the 16RU like we show here https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=XXRK-700SP4-15RU-CVO ,,,

we do a lot of these at the shows and include installation and proper radio flash so that all the radio functions of front/rear fade, bass, treble and AVC are active with the 700w ROKKER amplifier,,,,
Are we back to highjacking threads again to sell your products? You were given an invite to Shark Week to give us a chance to hear your products.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Correct John... I miss the 'CVO' in the original post.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found the amp. A Harley 75X4 and it was mounted under the radio. Wife says since i have to fix it she wants rear speakers and lots of volume. So time to go shopping.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I found the amp. A Harley 75X4 and it was mounted under the radio. Wife says since i have to fix it she wants rear speakers and lots of volume. So time to go shopping.
Sounds like a win win situation. Figure out how loud you want the front, then the back and tell Her she needs to open the purse strings for loud:grin::grin::grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts