Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys,

I have a question I was wondering I could ask you guys...On the wiring kit I received from AmericanHardbag, I received 2 sets of front speaker install wires. Any idea why I have 2 sets of speaker connectors for the FRONT speaker pods?

1) The first set is labeled "Speaker Connectors for Front Speaker Pods".
So I received 2 sets of quick disconnect plug n play harness wires in 1 bag.
At 1 end of the cable it has 1 quick disconnect and at the other end it has a wire that has not been spliced open yet. When I spliced open the other end there are two wires, 1 of which is red and the other 1 of which is black.

The other quick disconnect harness contains the same color coded wires as the first harness, 1 of which is red and 1 of which is black also.

2) The 2nd bag contains the label "14' and UP Harley Front Speaker to RCA kit"
And that contains 2 seperate quick disconnect harnesses with an RCA plug at one end and at the other end it contains these little black resistors wrapped in heat shrink.

So, I'm a bit confused, which one of the sets of front speaker cable inputs am I going to use ? or do I use both of those? and Im assuming since the first set of quick disconnects ,at the other end it contains 2 separate red and black wires, Ill be soldering something onto that or onto another wire?

So, which one am I using? Or do they both go together?

Bit confused?
Thanks guys,
John S

·
Registered
753 Posts
Assuming you bought the amp and speakers from them #1 is probably the wires that will go from amp to speaker and #2 is probably wires that would go from bike front speaker harness to amp input. Probably won’t need #2 because of DSR1 but don’t trash them, they may come in handy later.

Call me later and we’ll walk through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
audio upgrade status?

Hey Mike, Im still working on it!?
Im currently working on the front channel
Ill keep you guys posted
its a bit tricky my man
but we hope to get her done soon!

John S

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Hey Mike, Im still working on it!?

Im currently working on the front channel

Ill keep you guys posted

its a bit tricky my man

but we hope to get her done soon!

John S

Good Luck Bro.
If you need any further assistance don’t hesitate to ask.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts