Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one put the progressive mono tube in a 2017 and up wanting to know the difference don’t care about 16 and down the front fork inners are different tks

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Having taken apart both forks from 2015-2019, the insides are exactly the same.
In appearance but front what I've been told is the difference is in the valve itself.

I know I've ridden a 17 and have the progressive monotubes in my 16 and I have less dive. It's the first thing I checked out on the test ride. As far as over all handling. I didn't ride it long enough. But in that short ride I could tell enough I liked mine better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had both my 2015 street glide and my father's 2017 CVO forks apart. Both were exactly the same.
Exactly! This has been mostly the same crap they’ve been using since 1975!
That HD vid is a bald face lie! I’ve taken enough suspensions front and back off! The rears are usually toast in under 20k miles and the front looks like a busted erector set!
If you think they’ve improved much, you shou go ride an earlier model.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
They are not the same, springs are of different lengths, dampener rod is of different length as well. Different valving too

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Progressive mono tubes changed from the 13-down to the 14-up models. Totally different design. The 13-down were fantastic. 14-up are garbage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts