Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m tackling the front end. I have to rebuild the front forks as they have not been done since new. I figure I’ll get all new internal pieces for it. Any suggestions for aftermarket companies to look at. I’m sure I’ll get the seals from HD but other then that I’d like to look for something a little less rough.

I have supershox on the rear at this time.

Thanks

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have Super Shox on the rear as well and the Progressive monotubes work well for me on the front end. Had them on for over a year and been extremely pleased with the difference over stock.

Reactions: Idahokid

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Check out the kits from James Gaskets. I used their kit years back when I did my 2012 front suspension. Anything in the kit that had a part # stamped on it was the same part # stamped on the OEM Harley parts. Good luck!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Reactions: RedBlack

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
If you don't want to go the gas cartridge route due to cost you can buy fork spring kits from Progressive pretty cheap that are better than the stock one. The route I would go on your '04 is the kit from Race Tech that have the gold valve cartridge emulators. You can customize it for your weight and desired feel. I installed this kit in my 2010 FLTRX and it rode and handled better than the Progressive monotubes I put in my 2012.

Harley-Davidson

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ohlins on the rear...just pulled the trigger on cartridges for the front. I don't have a lot of money but there's a reason I don't buy half-assed tools...

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have monotubes in my 2002 and they are an improvement from stock but nothing spectacular in my opinion

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The white plastic pipe is used to set preload. You might consider looking at Race Tech. They have straight wound springs, and sell Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators. Basically you can set your compression and rebound with them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The white plastic pipe is used to set preload. You might consider looking at Race Tech. They have straight wound springs, and sell Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators. Basically you can set your compression and rebound with them.
I seen that race tech kit but I think there’s drilling required.But the price is right.I’ll have to watch YouTube to see if I can handle it.Might be winter project.DK customs sells a race tech kits with the gold dudads too.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It's been forever ago, but there was drilling involved with my FXR. They did wonders for the 35mm forks.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I went with Ohlins 30mm fully adjustable from Howard, nothing beats the best and the ability to adjust them. The Ohlins non adjustable are 25mm and not on par with the 30mm adjustable.

Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I went with Ohlins 35mm fully adjustable from Howard, nothing beats the best and the ability to adjust them. The Ohlins non adjustable are 30mm and not on par with the 35mm adjustable.
Hey Tim, I don’t know which ones I have from Ohlins, I just know they are much better than OEM. Are you doing Leesburg this weekend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put a set of 13" SS on the back of my 2010 RGC and was looking at the Legend front end running $750 but I can pick up the Progressive for $350 but I have read complaints of these leaking. Have you had any issues with leaky seals on the progressive?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts