Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 screamin eagle-40k miles. Just changed the front fork oil for the first time(I know,every 20k). Very black- refilled with 9.7 ozs. as manual says, thru the top of fork very slowly with a squirt can-25 mins each side. Air pushed out a little bit when I tried to speed up the process so I added a little extra at the end to compensate. Now the front end bangs at every bump and I guess is bottoming out.Something is definitely not right.
Wondering if I should add more oil ,or drain it and do all over with a different oil (I used HD E),and refill with a different method for more accuracy.
Or,should I dismantle and rebuild with new ,Progressive, etc...,which I was planning on doing after the riding season,as well as the rear shocks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
2000 screamin eagle-40k miles. Just changed the front fork oil for the first time(I know,every 20k). Very black- refilled with 9.7 ozs. as manual says, thru the top of fork very slowly with a squirt can-25 mins each side. Air pushed out a little bit when I tried to speed up the process so I added a little extra at the end to compensate. Now the front end bangs at every bump and I guess is bottoming out.Something is definitely not right.
Wondering if I should add more oil ,or drain it and do all over with a different oil (I used HD E),and refill with a different method for more accuracy.
Or,should I dismantle and rebuild with new ,Progressive, etc...,which I was planning on doing after the riding season,as well as the rear shocks.
you might have too much oil. I had mine changed and they put too much in. The bike had been lowered. If your bike has been lowered in will require less oil than origianally needed. my bike with the slightest bump, like 1/2" curb lip between the road and a driveway would bottom out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts