Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am finally happy with my rear suspension, time to tweek the front. I would like the revalve and go 1" down. Any seguestions? I have Legend Air Ride in the rear.

09' Road Glide

·
878 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Now that I am finally happy with my rear suspension, time to tweek the front. I would like the revalve and go 1" down. Any seguestions? I have Legend Air Ride in the rear.

09' Road Glide
If you want to lower it and improve the handling, reduce front end dive under hard braking and such I would go with the Progressive mono tube fork cartrige kit. http://www.progressivesuspension.com/monotube/index.html

It is available in stock and 1 inch lower.

It greatly improved the handling on by bike.

It will be on of the very first improvements I do on the next bike.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I've ran Progressive monotubes on last 2 bikes , they work well

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I looked hard at the Traxxion and still may get them , I talked to Max the owner 3 or 4 times , the Goldwingers love them , Max suggested I go to the CVOforum and read what Harley riders had to say , I went there and found maybe 40 guys who were using them , most went from stock to the Traxxion and claimed it was worth every penny about $1100 , however there were about 4 that went from stock to Progressive Monotubes to Traxxion , all 4 said if stock was a zero for reference point for $300 monotubes got you to about a 7 , for $1100 Traxxion got you to about a 9 , all told me for the money the Progressive was the best value and they would not buy the Traxxion again , I then talked to a guy who just put Ohlins on his rear and Monotubes up front on hdforums and he said the Ohlins were a 10 and the monotubes were a 9 for performance and a 6 for comfort as they didn't absorb the bumps like the Ohlins and a 7.5 over all , I had just bought my Ohlins and after hearing this went with the monotubes up front , so far I love the combo however Max said he is putting the Traxxion in a shop Harley that you can demo , I will probably take a ride to Atlanta and check it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts