Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding my RGS the last couple days the front wheel feels like it's not spinning smoothly. FYI, I have stock chrome Enforcer wheel, Stock polish rotors and stock calipers with new HD brake pads. I jacked it up and spin the wheel. It rotates with a friction point after 1.5 evolution. I took one caliper off at a time and spin it and it rotated with a little frustrating. The fiction Seemed normal. I took both calipers of and spin the wheel I can hear some type of cluttering sound while spinning. I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with the wheel
bearings, but I never experienced this issue nor a faulty bearing to trouble shoot it properly. Advice welcome. Thx

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
317 Posts
That sure sounds like a clear case of wheel bearings going out. They do give you warnings usually like you described. The only way to know is to take the tire off and inspect them and feel them roll. If they are grindy feeling when turned by hand or have any signs of pitting or wear, they are shot. Cheap fix though. Water is hell on them. You may have gotten some water in there somehow.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That sure sounds like a clear case of wheel bearings going out. They do give you warnings usually like you described.
My thoughts exactly. Mine had to be replaced at 12K.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope that's the problem. I only have just under 7k miles on her. Don't know what else it could be. Everything that has a bolt on it in the front end area has been torqued to specs. I'll check on it on my day off. That's for the info. ..

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LoL.. they took care of it. I haven't picked it up yet. As for my audio, it's still stock. That's why I was able to hear it. LoL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.