Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is running erratic. Chugging ,burping . 2011 Roadie,TTS tuner ,Naess Big Sucker 63k miles. Ran great until last week coming home 100 miles away pulled off road to fill up and wouldn't idle ,had to keep RPMs high.
Made it home running rough. Pulled code PO132,PO134,PO152,PO1353,PO1356. All oxygen sensors codes. Erased and ran bike, they did not come back.
Rode the bucking bronc again and pulled PO132,PO152. Changed sensors and no change.
Not bad fuel ,my wife filled at same hose before and after.
Any ideas ?
I changed plugs checked coil and wires and connections. Took it to an indy and he messed with my TTS and tried a map off their site and still does the same. He thought it lost the tune. I don't think that's the problem.
Frustrated

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Can you isolate it to one cylinder or the other or is it both?

Bike is running erratic. Chugging ,burping . 2011 Roadie,TTS tuner ,Naess Big Sucker 63k miles. Ran great until last week coming home 100 miles away pulled off road to fill up and wouldn't idle ,had to keep RPMs high.
Made it home running rough. Pulled code PO132,PO134,PO152,PO1353,PO1356. All oxygen sensors codes. Erased and ran bike, they did not come back.
Rode the bucking bronc again and pulled PO132,PO152. Changed sensors and no change.
Any ideas ?
I changed plugs checked coil and wires and connections. Took it to an indy and he messed with my TTS and tried a map off their site and still does the same. He thought it lost the tune. I don't think that's the problem.
Frustrated

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If the bike smooths out when you bring up the rpms and you changed the plugs sounds like a bad injector dumping gas, check those connections make sure there plugged in all the way.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Take the TTS off completely and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It was mentioned above to try removing the piggy back tuner, that is certainly a possibility as to the source of your issues. Sounds like an issue with the reference voltage in the sensor circuit.

Section 6.7 of the manual will walk your through the diagnostic procedure. But you'll need to run through it sans tuner.

You might try cleaning and re-seating the ecm connections. Then just for grins check your running battery voltage.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah. Pull the tuner and see how it goes. I had pretty much the same issue on the way home from Sturgis a couple of years ago. It would run OK at higher RPM's on the highway but as soon as I slowed down it would buck and chuck and low speed and wouldn't idle. Pulled the tuner in Ohio and it was fine. Made the rest of the trip back with no issues, keeping the speeds low since it was running a little lean without the tuner.

Anyhoo. I found that the issue was a little crack in the insulation on one of the wires that goes from the tuner (Fuel Moto Micro EFI) to the fuel injector. It must have been grounding off the underside of the tank or throttle body mount. Fixed it up and it ran like a top again.
http://www.roadglide.org/21-ecm-fuel-management-systems/235578-fuel-moto-micro-efi-tuner-crapped-out.html

Not saying that yours is the exact same problem but the symptoms are very similar, especially that voltage open code.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Any ideas ?
Frustrated
A couple months back, I was speaking with Mark of Oasis Cycles in Brandon, MS,,, Oasis Owns / Operates probably the Largest Tuning School in the U.S.,,, a World Class Facility... Oasis specializes in Techno Research Products but has Tuned / used them all...

When I asked about "loosing" / "degrading" Tunes (with Flash Type Tuners)??
"I hear that all the time,,, it's total "bunk",,, the Tunes don't change,,, you need to find and fix the real problem..."

·
Registered
593 Posts
Erratic running

When was the last time you changed fuel filters?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple months back, I was speaking with Mark of Oasis Cycles in Brandon, MS,,, Oasis Owns / Operates probably the Largest Tuning School in the U.S.,,, a World Class Facility... Oasis specializes in Techno Research Products but has Tuned / used them all...

When I asked about "loosing" / "degrading" Tunes (with Flash Type Tuners)??
"I hear that all the time,,, it's total "bunk",,, the Tunes don't change,,, you need to find and fix the real problem..."
Yep. I found the cap was gone on the purge pipe on top of the induction module.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take the TTS off completely and see what happens.
The TTS Tuner is not a piggyback one. Did find the cap was off the purge pipe on top of induction module.Closed a massive vac um leak.
Tank coming off and will make sure all connections and gaskets secure.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So yesterday I trailer the bike to dealer and have them run diagnostics. Codes PO132,PO152 oxygen sensors. Already replaced them .
Tech rides bike and says it's your clutch. Hmm ,Barnett +1 is 6 months old. There is a lot of chattering at start. Bike runs bad when moving.
So I pull the primary cover and look at clutch plates and the fine.Comp is getting worn though.
Not the problem. Onto the other side of the bike and pull the air cleaner and backing plate . The cap is gone from the purge pipe .Massive vacuum leak solved. Part #90383-98.
Tank is coming off and will check all connections and replace gaskets.
More to follow
I seem to be repeating myself. Oh well really frustrating when the experts have no f%^*ing idea what is going on.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You stated that the Bike was running good until "all of a sudden"?? What work / service / mods were done prior to the issues?? How long prior??

Thinking that you are headed in the right direction checking the connections,,, also recommend checking connections in the Throttle Body Connector, all connections in general, and making sure the O2s are connected properly (f&r)...

If installing the Barnett+1 required removing the Damper Spring / Seat you will have a can of worms on your hands, the chattering (sounds like squawking) is not good! What does Barnett have to say?? Are they recommending running ATF?? or less than factory recommended amounts of Primary Fluid??

Oh yeah, you will find that not all HD Techs / Indys (and some Manufacturers) are "experts" LOL

Keep us Posted...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You stated that the Bike was running good until "all of a sudden"?? What work / service / mods were done prior to the issues?? How long prior??

Thinking that you are headed in the right direction checking the connections,,, also recommend checking connections in the Throttle Body Connector, all connections in general, and making sure the O2s are connected properly (f&r)...

If installing the Barnett+1 required removing the Damper Spring / Seat you will have a can of worms on your hands, the chattering (sounds like squawking) is not good! What does Barnett have to say?? Are they recommending running ATF?? or less than factory recommended amounts of Primary Fluid??

Oh yeah, you will find that not all HD Techs / Indys (and some Manufacturers) are "experts" LOL

Keep us Posted...
No work done recently.
Barnett gave me the high sign on 2/3 Formula + 1/3 Mobil ATF. Been running it for a while. I took the plates out to inspect for warping and all is good. Reinstalled.
Gas tank off and found that purge pipe rubber cover was gone. Installed new one . Massive vacuum leak gone.
Took induction module out and cleaned reinstalled with new manifold gaskets and bingo.
Test rode bike all is good. $8 in parts and the mystery is solved.
I will now always carry an extra purge pipe cap.
By the way the great detective work was done by a buddy of mine that works on heavy equipment ,go figure.
Thanks all for input.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
So yesterday I trailer the bike to dealer and have them run diagnostics. Codes PO132,PO152 oxygen sensors. Already replaced them .
Tech rides bike and says it's your clutch. Hmm ,Barnett +1 is 6 months old. There is a lot of chattering at start. Bike runs bad when moving.
So I pull the primary cover and look at clutch plates and the fine.Comp is getting worn though.
Not the problem. Onto the other side of the bike and pull the air cleaner and backing plate . The cap is gone from the purge pipe .Massive vacuum leak solved. Part #90383-98.
Tank is coming off and will check all connections and replace gaskets.
More to follow
I seem to be repeating myself. Oh well really frustrating when the experts have no f%^*ing idea what is going on.
Just because they work at the dealership, Please don't make the mistake of considering them experts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts