Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...The good news is that I really love the bike, so I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it. I've purposely not done a bunch of looking / test riding, as that tends to make me do less than smart stuff...

Toby

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
There was thread here somewhere about what sellers thought about letting potential buyers test ride or not their bikes - Was a good read. You might want search it out...Good luck with the sale, looks in good condition.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DreamRider...I actually started a thread on here about that, last year when I sold my Road King. I also posted on a couple of other forums, and got largely the same opinion...big deposit (full price ideal), then test ride with refund available once the bike comes back safe. A small minority said that they would not even consider buying a bike from someone who asked for a deposit. I'll go search out the threads again, and see what the current consensus is.

I had two people walk away when I asked for a deposit, but neither even had a motorcycle license...one guy brought his 16 year old son to be his 'test pilot'. The guy I sold it to was new, but he brought a guy with him for the test ride. That guy had a motorcycle license, and had been riding for years (took his word for it to some extent, but you can tell). I asked the buyer for a $1000 deposit, and he didn't blink. Test pilot was gone maybe 4 minutes, and we did the deal.

Toby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts