Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! FS: 2013 CVO RGC Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald - SOLD!

Reluctantly selling my 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom in Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald. Bike is in pristine condition with a very easy 18.5k miles on it. Dealership serviced and two years left on the ESP warranty.

Bike will come with the following:

Vance & Hines Power Duals headers (Stock SE mufflers)
SERT
MadStad 13" windsheild (original included)
Le Pera Maverick seat with ASTech gel mod (original CVO seat/pillion included)
Tall HD back rest
Saddle bag canvas HD bags
HD soft lowers
Sanchos Wings
Skythe mirrors (original mirros included)
Apple 8GB iPod
Kuryakyn ISO Grips with throttle boss (2 styles)
Aftermarket black chrome back rack - never installed

All servicing done by local HD dealership. Brand new rear tire end of last year. Runs great, purrs like a kitten. No damage, never been down. Great bike. Only selling to buy something a little lighter due to my bum left knee getting a little worse. Bike is just gorgeous. Fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

Motivated seller will consider reasonable offers. Can remove some of the more sellable items like the Le Pera seat and MadStad to drop price further if those items do not interest you.

Kelley Blue Book puts the retail just over $30k and the trade in at just over $25k. Looking at BMW's and seeing that they will give me for trade in so might not be available long. Going to lower the asking price to basically trade-in. Won't go lower but for a short window will sell it for that.

Located in New Hampshire. Tons more photos. PM with questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I've looked at the BMW's as well and I am very impressed. Test rode the K1600 a while back and loved it but the last time I walked into a dealership a good looking R1200RT caught my eye. I have always liked the boxer motors and the new version is even better. Don't think I will get rid of my Skunk but I really like the newer beemers. Some great technology right there and I wouldn't mind riding one for a while. Just something different...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious why you do you want a BMW over your RG? Again just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bum knee that was fixed once and is going bad again. The RGC is just SO heavy. I wear a brace when riding but it's starting to become a problem. I always knew a day would come when I'd need to go back to a lighter bike.

I rode BMW boxers before going over to HD's four years ago. I love that engine. We tried an RT in 2012 and hated it. We went back in a few days ago and test rode a 2016 and loved it. They upreved the model in 2014 and made some impressive changes.

Compared to the CVO RGC it's like riding a scooter even though it's still 600 pounds. Nothing looks like that CVO though. It's as much a work of art as a fantastic bike!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Good luck with the change. I couldn't get into the boxer engine myself. Bought the Triumph competition. Triumph Trophy se with the triple engine. Amazing bike for thousands less than an RT.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with the change. I couldn't get into the boxer engine myself. Bought the Triumph competition. Triumph Trophy se with the triple engine. Amazing bike for thousands less than an RT.
Looked at the Triumphs but nothing blew my skirt up. Getting some low-ball offers from the HD's. Can't say I'm surprised. Going to drop this down $3k. Anything less than that and I'll just keep it. Fortunate that I don't need to sell.

Maybe I'll get both!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
With a bad knee, hope the knee angle wont get the best of you on the BMer...I looked at them and the knee angle was terrible for my bad knees..

GLWS and ride safe!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a bad knee, hope the knee angle wont get the best of you on the BMer...I looked at them and the knee angle was terrible for my bad knees..

GLWS and ride safe!!!
A good and valid point and one I've considered. Our test ride was only 15 minutes. We're heading back down next week to take it out for a solid two hours. I'll know a lot more then.

Normally any angle that puts the foot behind my knee leads to fatigue and eventual discomfort. The latest model of the RT changed things around quite a bit and while the foot does go back a bit, it doesn't go back far at all. The riding position is much better and we found the whole experience extremely comfortable, albeit again for a relatively short duration.

At this point if the next test ride goes well we'll trade the bike in. I've gotten offers that pays off the bike and my payment will be much lower. So if you are looking at this bike and thinking about it, make me an offer. You just never know. I'm much rather pass on savings to an actual rider and fellow Shark enthusiast rather than give some HD dealership some free profit!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
A good and valid point and one I've considered. Our test ride was only 15 minutes. We're heading back down next week to take it out for a solid two hours. I'll know a lot more then.

Normally any angle that puts the foot behind my knee leads to fatigue and eventual discomfort. The latest model of the RT changed things around quite a bit and while the foot does go back a bit, it doesn't go back far at all. The riding position is much better and we found the whole experience extremely comfortable, albeit again for a relatively short duration.

At this point if the next test ride goes well we'll trade the bike in. I've gotten offers that pays off the bike and my payment will be much lower. So if you are looking at this bike and thinking about it, make me an offer. You just never know. I'm much rather pass on savings to an actual rider and fellow Shark enthusiast rather than give some HD dealership some free profit!
When I got home from looking at the RT one of the first things I did was do a search to see if you could put highway pegs on it and found out you can. There is a couple of different engine guards to choose from that you can just bolt on and add pegs to so that may help with the bum knee. I have decided that I'm keeping my Skunk but I may be with you in the future of owning both. :) Hope you can get what you want for the CVO though. That is one great ride.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I got home from looking at the RT one of the first things I did was do a search to see if you could put highway pegs on it and found out you can. There is a couple of different engine guards to choose from that you can just bolt on and add pegs to so that may help with the bum knee. I have decided that I'm keeping my Skunk but I may be with you in the future of owning both. :) Hope you can get what you want for the CVO though. That is one great ride.
Yes, I've seen the engine guards with the flip-out highway pegs. I would most certainly avail myself of something along those lines. But in all honesty, if the position is any worse than the CVO I won't be making the deal anyway. Will know in a week.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump for short term low sale price!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any interest in 2014 BMW K1600GTLE? 20K miles, one owner.
Thanks, no. Test rode the K's and great bike but the whole reason of switching from the CVO to the RT is the reduction in weight.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bump for a good price~

That same bike is at my local dealership, and they're asking $30k for it (on consignment; no room to move on the price). I'm not a big fan of green OR gold, but that is one sexy scoot!

If you weren't all the way across the nation, I'd be giving it some serious thought. I don't think you'll be sitting on it long at $23.5k though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That same bike is at my local dealership, and they're asking $30k for it (on consignment; no room to move on the price). I'm not a big fan of green OR gold, but that is one sexy scoot!

If you weren't all the way across the nation, I'd be giving it some serious thought. I don't think you'll be sitting on it long at $23.5k though.
There's a few on Cycle Trader for those prices - you can tell they are dealerships. There's some decent private sale prices but nothing as low as my latest drop.

The color scheme of this bike is deceiving. In most light is looks almost sliver or grey and black. In the direct light the dark metallic green is just gorgeous. I think the catalog photo showed the colors the best!

You could always come out and ride it back! Great way to see the country. Heck, I'll ship it to you!

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tempting

There's a few on Cycle Trader for those prices - you can tell they are dealerships. There's some decent private sale prices but nothing as low as my latest drop.

The color scheme of this bike is deceiving. In most light is looks almost sliver or grey and black. In the direct light the dark metallic green is just gorgeous. I think the catalog photo showed the colors the best!

You could always come out and ride it back! Great way to see the country. Heck, I'll ship it to you!

Tempting, but I blew my wad going to Sturgis last year. And the OL might frown on a 5th bike in the garage. And I DID just drop $4k getting my driveway re-surfaced this week.

And I totally agree with those tricky colors. In the showroom, it looks silver and black. But when they pull it out to the lot it really POPS gold and green.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tempting, but I blew my wad going to Sturgis last year. And the OL might frown on a 5th bike in the garage. And I DID just drop $4k getting my driveway re-surfaced this week.

And I totally agree with those tricky colors. In the showroom, it looks silver and black. But when they pull it out to the lot it really POPS gold and green.
I feel your pain. We just blew $4k on new floors and rugs and another $4k on new furniture! Still haven't tallied up how much more we've spent here and there painting the entire inside and outside of the house plus all the 'little' upgrades. Whole new house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts