Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I've got a complete set of Dakota Digital digital gauges in Blue (MCL-3006) that I need to get rid of. They are for 04-up. This is a direct hookup to stock wiring and includes senders if needed. I have the complete set - speedo, tach, fuel, oil pressure, volts, and ambient air. I also have an oil temp gauge, but it is red (MCL-3K-TMP-R).

The only reason I want to sell these is because the speedo and tach only work for 04-up. The rest of the gauges will work on anything 96-up. My RG is a 2000. The full set sells for $1299.95 from Dakota Digital. The oil pressure gauge is $209.95. I'm offering this complete set, plus extra gauge for $1000 plus shipping. Or if you live around Nashville, you can pick it up.

Here is the link to the gauges on Dakota Digital:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=678/category_id=520/mode=prod/prd678.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Interested in the setup.....will this fit to your knowledge 2011 ? Also where ever you bought it from would they exchange for red ? If so please let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These were bought direct from Dakota Digital. And sadly, they won't take exchanges. If they would I'd just exchange them for the set to fit my 2000. These gauges are the current style sold by DD. A buddy of mine bought them for his 2005 RG a while back, but then decided he wanted red. So I bought these from him thinking they would fit mine. They have never been installed. If I can find someone who would like to have these, I'll just add a few hundred $$$ and turn around and buy the correct set for my 2000.

This is copied from the DD page linked above - Fits all 04’-13' Harley-Davidson fairing models including Road Glide.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Understood on doing exchanges for different years but they won't even exchange for same year different color ? Just asking ? Not looking to be a persistent bastard to ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. They don't do exchanges at all. That's how I ended up buying these from my buddy. He just wanted same year, different color too. And they had just been bought then. Now it's been a few years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now somebody can get a really good deal! Two bidders both canceled bids. Who wants $1400 worth of digital gauges for a starting bid of $750? 15 hours to go...

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
When I bought my DD gauges, about 10 months ago, it came with the oil temp gauge as one of the 4 small gauges and didn't come with air temp. Same part number for the kit too........

With that said I paid less than $900 for them, brand new, just as an FYI (maybe why they aren't moving? :confused: )

Good luck with the sale bud!

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I bought my DD gauges, about 10 months ago, it came with the oil temp gauge as one of the 4 small gauges and didn't come with air temp. Same part number for the kit too........

With that said I paid less than $900 for them, brand new, just as an FYI (maybe why they aren't moving? :confused: )

Good luck with the sale bud!
Where did you buy yours for under $900,00?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the interest and the bids. I'm satisfied with the $841 closing bid. Someone got a good deal, and I'll add the other $450 and get the set that fits my bike.

As far as whether they were priced too high or not... They sell for $1299 at Dakota Digital. If you got them on a Christmas sale cheaper, great for you. That doesn't mean that these, at a $300 discount, was too high. If someone wanted a set of gauges now and didn't want to wait for a sale. This was a great deal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the interest and the bids. I'm satisfied with the $841 closing bid. Someone got a good deal, and I'll add the other $450 and get the set that fits my bike.

As far as whether they were priced too high or not... They sell for $1299 at Dakota Digital. If you got them on a Christmas sale cheaper, great for you. That doesn't mean that these, at a $300 discount, was too high. If someone wanted a set of gauges now and didn't want to wait for a sale. This was a great deal.
Indeed it was. Like I said in my PM to you, if the guy doesn't come thru, let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No worries about the guy coming through. Its me.

·
3,318 Posts
Indeed it was. Like I said in my PM to you, if the guy doesn't come thru, let me know.

There's a few brand new sets (in red or blue) on FleaBay right now for $952-$973

Just a heads up for ya

·
3,318 Posts
You did get the part about mine never being installed, right? While they didn't just come off the shelf, they are still new gauges.

You sold yours.....lol I'm not taking about your gauges

To the guy that was still interested in a set of gauge I was telling him that there are brand new in the box sets for sale in flea bay, from big name companies

My whole point, as I said to him, was never pay MSRP

That's it, oh and I love my DD gauges, I'm out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts