Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased these new in chrome, all that was available at the time, scuffed the chrome and sprayed them gloss black. I never got around to installing.

Sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t think so at all. I lightly scuffed the chrome finish, cleaned with acetone, alcohol and sprayed a few coats of gloss black while hanging on a coat hangar. I’m fairly certain the black could be removed easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ahh I see now. I can say and don’t like to admit it, but going up the smokies to clingsmans dome I had to pull off and unfortunately on an incline rolling back on slick pavement I did drop mine. Not a slam but a basic laid it down, un able to keep it from happening. Fortunately no damage except pride, but I can see where these would be nice. Just in case.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Ok ok...
350 is alot of money for a couple of pieces of metal, I drop my bike often, cause I am clutzy that way, and the scatchs on my crash bars are like badges of honnor!!
I like the idea, but Piper put it in prospective for me.
Maybe I could rapp some thick leather around with a couple of heavy duty snaps,
for when I am practicing, but after 4 or 5 drops thats practice enough anyway ....
so i like the idea and it appeals to me,
It's the price that scares me away!!
I have a friend of mine who is a motorcycle cop, and he is aways giving me pointers, and I am always picking up my bike, out of all those pointers, the only thing I have learned is how to pick up my bike, quickly!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts