Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a (new to me) 2001 Electra Glide (injected) and the fuel gauge is fluctuating. swinging from almost full to half to 2/3 full. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check grounds and connections

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Never seen a harley fuel gage worth a crap! Mine doesn't leave the full mark till i've used 2 gallons of gas. Then it goes up and down till almost empty then drops like a rock. I rely on my odometer to let me know when it's time to fill up. A little bit of figuring and you'll never run out. Just keep track of your milage for a couple of tanks and you'll have it down pat.

Staush

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its the fuel gauge, you need to replace it if you want the wild swings to stop. Doc Not the sending unit!

·
Registered
1 Posts
just joined I hope these answers are not indicative of what are on the rest of the post. I need a good answer to how to change or fix my fuel gauge problem.
:frown:

·
Registered
927 Posts
just joined I hope these answers are not indicative of what are on the rest of the post. I need a good answer to how to change or fix my fuel gauge problem.
If you don't already have one get a HD service manual. It has detailed trouble shooting & replacement information. On my 97 EG after reading about the fuel gauge I chose not to repair. Was not worth the time or cost. Used the trip meter & reserve petcock

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
:frown:
  1. A couple of good suggestions on how to search for an issue and a work around
  2. It's an internet forum free to join
  3. Your 1st post is criticizing the forum, not real sure you are going to fit in around here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts