Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Glide with new gauges that all work correctly. The fuel shows low to full correctly. My issue is that the Lo Fuel Yellow light appears when i am full of gas. It goes out after about 1/3 is used. I just wondered if anyone has an idea. I do not see any wiring issues. I hope I'm not in fuel gauge Twilight Zone ! Any help would be appreciated ! Ty, Dwight Stark / Arkie :surprise:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have an 07 Glide with new gauges that all work correctly. The fuel shows low to full correctly. My issue is that the Lo Fuel Yellow light appears when i am full of gas. It goes out after about 1/3 is used. I just wondered if anyone has an idea. I do not see any wiring issues. I hope I'm not in fuel gauge Twilight Zone ! Any help would be appreciated ! Ty, Dwight Stark / Arkie :surprise:

You still having issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am. According to factory manual all voltage readings are correct at pickup connection to main harness in front of the seat. It is what ever triggers the indicator light on the speed that I'm confused about.
Thanks,Dwight Stark

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Not sure on HDs but other rides I've had the low fuel light issue and found it is triggered off a seperate sensor, ie. not fuel level system. The diagnostics should be in the electrical manual, I don't have one (need to fix that) :) On the one with a problem, I soaked it in carb cleaner and it started working. I don't know if that is applicable in this case.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
See if it has a historic B1004 or B1005 trouble code stored. Any time the voltage on the Y/W wire at the speedo is high or low from the spec range it will set a code and turn the low fuel lamp on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Thermodyne, you are correct. I do have the B1004 code. I have not had time to check voltage and ground to speedo plug. That is on my Saturday agenda. Thank you now I have a direction.
Much appreciated,Dwight Stark / Arkie

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
On a 2011, the y/w wire is the circuit to the gauge, it also runs to the speedo head. The speedo head looks for a specific resistance to ground, something greater than 170 ohms. So it then uses that to estimate that there is 1 gallon of fuel left and turns the lamp on.

I don't have a diagnostic manual on a 07, but I suspect it uses the same parameters, since they usually go with whatever Delphi suggests.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts