Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 RG. Spent the weekend doing the homemade air ride and new Hog Tunes amp and speakers. Tried to remove the fuel tank to run my wires but I could not get to the fuel line quick connect on the tank for a chrome trim piece that has been installed. It appears to have three small screws on the back side but I can not get to the screws to remove them to get to the quick connect fitting. Anyone run into this?
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have an allen wrench cut down specifically for that purpose. The shorter allen wrench is the only way I have found to remove that cover, and it will still test your patience. I cringe every time I have to deal with them.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What quick disconnect are you trying to get to? There are two. Maybe I don't understand what you're doing, but I've had my '12 tank off and it was unbelievably easy compared to any other tank I've dealt with. Same quick disconnect as the older tanks.

edit - I thought '07 had 6 gal tank... So you still have the front cross over. Same tank quick disconnect tho. I used line clamps and cut the crossover when I needed to remove on my '05.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rage it is the quick disconnect on the left side of tank. It has an aftermarket chrome cover on it that I can not figure out how to get it off to access the quick disconnect.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
jnd
I have a chrome cover (HD) on my fuel line disconnect. It has three small allen screws holding it on. You should be able to feel the holes or use a dental mirror os similar to see where the holes are. I don't recall the allen wrench size 1/16" - 1/8" range maybe.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts