Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past year my fuel mileage has decreased 10%; from an average of 43 MPG down to 37 MPG. Anything I should look at as an impending failure?

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
So over the past year my fuel mileage has decreased 10%; from an average of 43 MPG down to 37 MPG. Anything I should look at as an impending failure?
Wrist movement .

·
Registered
967 Posts
Running to higher RPM between gear changes? Lots of revs up? More items on bags weight increase?
Assuming everything else is normal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fuel?

Has your fueling location changed?

Has your fuel gone from no ethanol to 5% to 10% to 15% ethanol?

·
Registered
462 Posts
^+++ all of the above. Sounds like you are experiencing happy riding and potentially crappy (seasonal) fuel. Might want to check your air filter too along with tire pressure.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
You're not coasting down those long Arizona downhill grades anymore. You need more throttle to cruise on the flatland.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
10-15% ethanol will do exactly what you are describing, I saw it several times on the way to SWIV as I went state to state and used fuel with and without ethanol. MPGs ranged from 36-43.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the inputs - I had thought when I got here to SC and saw that premium gas was 93 octane instead of the 91 in Az I didn't think the mileage would drop. Guess I need to just shut up and ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts