Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I don't think you will. You'll be too busy to post. Too busy to read this. Too busy yelling "whhooooooaaaaayyyyyy" with a huge smile.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I did the S&S 124 crate motor this past winter and I will say that you will be very pleased with your choice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the bike back yesterday and have put about 100 miles on it. Holy crap this is a beast. Not that I am chasing numbers but I thought I would get more. Tuner says it is has to do with the humidity here. It was almost 85% in the dyno booth. Going to take it back in Sept or Oct for another run. It rides very tame for the power don't really notice unless you twist the wrist. 20190621_144818_1561146749948.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I have put about 800 miles on the bike since upgrading the engine. So far everything runs great. Did get stuck in traffic on i40 coming back from Lynchburg, heat index was 100 so my right leg was on fire from the exhaust and engine temp.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
125 ft. lbs. of tork you at 2750 rpm is a great number, even in that humidity. congrats on a great build!

please tell us about the build: exhaust, ac, tuner, etc...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JtB bike was done at Bumpus Harley in Memphis.

Little Wing here are the details on the build.

FM 124 kit with woods 408 cam.
FM level A heads.
64mm throttle body ported by ward.
Thunderheader 2into1.
Heavy Breather.
S&S cam chest/oil pump.
Fan assisted oil cooler.
Tuned with PV.
Also had them replace the oiler jet gaskets with the cometic ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lessons learned

It’s been a little longer now, and I’m thinking of getting the same kit, anything you wish you would of known ahead of time or any regrets that you would change if you did it all over again. Appreciate the response ahead of time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@scafered08, the only two things I would have done different is had the primary vent for the oil transfer installed at the same time, and had it tuned when the humidity wasn't so high. Other then that everything has been great.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
@scafered08, the only two things I would have done different is had the primary vent for the oil transfer installed at the same time, and had it tuned when the humidity wasn't so high. Other then that everything has been great.
Explain your theory on why you wouldn't have had it tuned while the humidity was so high? Wasn't it tuned for the current conditions that you're riding in at the time?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts