Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just like you I had my eye on the 468 as well and then kinda started entertaining the idea of the 22xe and now this cam comes out. Glad I'm not sick and tired of my HD Torque Cam yet.
The XE will give you a little more low end torque and the XD will give you a little less low end torque but higher numbers farther up the rpm scale. I just changed out my HD torque cam with a HD tune, and put in the XE with a FM tune. The XE gets up to 130 ft/lbs in a hurry, and stays there through the rpm range I usually use. Night and day, the HD torque cam is NOT in the same class. Sounds a whole lot better as well.

Reactions: BH#103

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The XE will give you a little more low end torque and the XD will give you a little less low end torque but higher numbers farther up the rpm scale. I just changed out my HD torque cam with a HD tune, and put in the XE with a FM tune. The XE gets up to 130 ft/lbs in a hurry, and stays there through the rpm range I usually use. Night and day, the HD torque cam is NOT in the same class. Sounds a whole lot better as well.
Can't speak on the any of the other cams. I put the 22xe in my bike a year ago and really pulls well.

7k miles mostly 2 up, including the dragon and chief Joseph highway-never at a loss for power.

2018 rgs, 114, 22xe, d&d, power vision w/ se Smart tune pro.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fuel Moto:"The WM8-22XD cam is another variation of the "22" series of grinds. The main difference is it has significantly more exhaust duration than the 22XE (our current most popular M8 cam) and the lobe centers are 103/103 vs 100/105 on the XE. This does a few things; the XD cam has noticeably more idle lope than the XE and most other bolt in cams, power wise it makes a couple more HP in the upper RPM's in exchange for a couple less on early torque below 2500 RPM. We're considering this the "hooligan" version of the 22 series due to its rowdy idle and harder mid range hit. We've had this cam in our 114 Road Glide for a while and its fantastic, it idles like a big block and still has very strong punch right off the bottom. Its easy to tune and works in stock 107/114/117 as well as big bore combinations up to 11.0 compression, a great cam to build into."

Can anyone give me an idea how different the RPM range would be with the XD? Is it something that is noticeably different when riding, lets say, just around town?

When you say, "the XD will give you a little less low end torque", will it be worse than stock? Will I hate it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fuel Moto:"The WM8-22XD cam is another variation of the "22" series of grinds. The main difference is it has significantly more exhaust duration than the 22XE (our current most popular M8 cam) and the lobe centers are 103/103 vs 100/105 on the XE. This does a few things; the XD cam has noticeably more idle lope than the XE and most other bolt in cams, power wise it makes a couple more HP in the upper RPM's in exchange for a couple less on early torque below 2500 RPM. We're considering this the "hooligan" version of the 22 series due to its rowdy idle and harder mid range hit. We've had this cam in our 114 Road Glide for a while and its fantastic, it idles like a big block and still has very strong punch right off the bottom. Its easy to tune and works in stock 107/114/117 as well as big bore combinations up to 11.0 compression, a great cam to build into."

Can anyone give me an idea how different the RPM range would be with the XD? Is it something that is noticeably different when riding, lets say, just around town?

When you say, "the XD will give you a little less low end torque", will it be worse than stock? Will I hate it?
Not less than stock, a little less than the 22XE, but still much more than stock

21 - 25 of 25 Posts