Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased ceramic coated Fuel Moto headers that included the full size cross over and I'm experiencing much more heat on my right leg and thigh than ever before. I thought the ceramic coated headers were supposed to give off less heat. Anyone have a clue on this?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the same thing they are now for sale. I think the plasma ceramic really doesn't do anything. After taking mine off all of the spots where the heat shields attached were rusted the thin coating wore off there. Overall a good pipe but I don't think they did squat for heat except removing the cat from my right ankle, which helped a little.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have that headpipe on my 17 RGS, and their Jackpot Hi Roller mufflers, and their AC/DC intake, (but not the full size crossover) and it took all the heat away from me. This exhaust covers used to ping like crazy after rides on the stock setup. Now - nothing. I really wasn't suffering from heat before the change but now I don't feel it at all.

Did you get a remap for the air/fuel mix? I also hooked up a Power Commander V (from FM) with one of their canned maps. For me everything worked like a charm.

Oh yeah - love, love, love the exhaust note now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I too have the stock crossover. Not knocking Fuel Moro, but the pipe was not everything I was expecting. The are a great company with awesome customer service. The pipe was just not right for me.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Recently purchased ceramic coated Fuel Moto headers that included the full size cross over and I'm experiencing much more heat on my right leg and thigh than ever before. I thought the ceramic coated headers were supposed to give off less heat. Anyone have a clue on this?
My suggestion is to take it to Heath at HD in Lillian AL. Have him tell you his thoughts. I had the same pipe without the coating. He suggested a different pipe for me but I was after a little more TQ.

Are you sure your tune is on the money? Heath is a good dude and he tuned my bike to perfection

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that headpipe on my 17 RGS, and their Jackpot Hi Roller mufflers, and their AC/DC intake, (but not the full size crossover) and it took all the heat away from me. This exhaust covers used to ping like crazy after rides on the stock setup. Now - nothing. I really wasn't suffering from heat before the change but now I don't feel it at all.

Did you get a remap for the air/fuel mix? I also hooked up a Power Commander V (from FM) with one of their canned maps. For me everything worked like a charm.

Yep. My guy installed a Power Commander V with the Target Tune and it automatically set the fuel ratio to 13:1. May have to set it richer.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Same experience for me with my jackpot header. I think you may be running lean??

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The amount of heat radiated is partly to do with the heat the scooter is making, and to a larger part about the cans on back.

Free flowing (no baffle) cans will make the pipe run cooler then cans that use a baffle to redirect flow.

Not sure what the OP is running for cans, but that's where I'd look. But it they are SE or Cali approved, then they have significant baffling.

I run a early XPipe on my 11, and back a ways I ran some Supper Trap mufflers. I could feel a difference in felt heat between running a closed cap and disks, and an open cap.

And recently I added a full sized cross under. The cross under made no change that I could feel. But it did make the pipes start showing closer to the same color. Not sure that would be the result with the unbalanced cans on an 17-18-19 scooter.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I installed the Fuelmoto header on my bike, and it is a lot cooler than with the stock header. I do have the MK45 mufflers and a tune. The bike got pretty warm with the stock header and the Mk45's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts