Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bouncing around the idea purchasing a fuel Moto 107 kit with cams from Fuel Moto. While I could probably do this installation myself I'm curious about how long it takes Fuel Moto to do it. I'm in Kansas and it's about a 10 drive if I took it to them. I was wondering if I would have to drive there and back twice or if they do turn them around within a few days so I could just hang out up there. Mini vacation. I'm sure I can do this instal but the thought of the break-in terrifies me. I'm a throttle junkie. Also I'd prefer to have them Dyno it. Anyone had them do a 107 in house?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just give them a call, also if you check their web site you will notice price kit and turn key price

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
They need a day for a 107.

They pull it in first thing in the morning, and you can pick it up the following morning when they open.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Can't answer your questions, but when I went to visit the motherland and tour the factory, I mapped out riding up to Fuel Moto. The brother I was riding with was in a hurry to get home. plus there was a major rain storm coming across the US, so we booked home.
But I could see a 107 kit in my future. Ride up to FM, rent a car to travel to Milwaukee and then the next day travel back to FM and pick up my finished bike

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
There is a hotel just down the street from them and I know one time that had a deal with the hotel when you brought your bike to them.
It's worth a phone call to see....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't answer your questions, but when I went to visit the motherland and tour the factory, I mapped out riding up to Fuel Moto. The brother I was riding with was in a hurry to get home. plus there was a major rain storm coming across the US, so we booked home.
But I could see a 107 kit in my future. Ride up to FM, rent a car to travel to Milwaukee and then the next day travel back to FM and pick up my finished bike
I may do this if I plan on waiting till the weather warms up. If not I figured I could trailer it and while I'm waiting go down and check out the Harley museum and head up to Green Bay to check out the Packers stadium. Couple things I've been wanting to do anyway

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
when i had my 107 done, i trailered my bike up there (had to take the mother in law to her sisters house anyway). they let me drop the trailer at their shop. dropped the bike off on fri morning, then picked it up sat. they will break it in on the dyno a lot quicker than you will riding it.

while there, i checked out the harley museum (awesome), had lunch at their brewhouse, checked out the powertrain factory, went to custom engraving ltd and met tim, also went to j&s jacks and tried to buy a jack. unfortunately, they were out of stock at the time. but, they contacted a local hd shop that they had just delivered to and they still had a couple left. they held one for me, i went and picked it up, even got 10% military discount.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Have you looked at doing work at S&S? They’re up in Wisconsin too..

I don’t know the price differences, but might be worth the phone call at least.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Have you looked at doing work at S&S? They’re up in Wisconsin too..

I don’t know the price differences, but might be worth the phone call at least.
Cant go wrong with either one, S&S is well proven, and so is Jamie’s work at Fuel Moto, call Jamie ASAP if your going that way, he gets booked weeks out this time of year. flhman

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cant go wrong with either one, S&S is well proven, and so is Jamie’s work at Fuel Moto, call Jamie ASAP if your going that way, he gets booked weeks out this time of year. flhman
As this guy said, better give FM a call (Talk to Bob) pretty quick and get on their books. especially if your gonna wait and do it after it warms up some.

Something to think about, If you did the work yourself to save the extra coin, you'd still have to take it to them or someone to have it tuned. With the little above the parts price they charge, well worth them doing the labor and tune.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
I'm bouncing around the idea purchasing a fuel Moto 107 kit with cams from Fuel Moto. While I could probably do this installation myself I'm curious about how long it takes Fuel Moto to do it. I'm in Kansas and it's about a 10 drive if I took it to them. I was wondering if I would have to drive there and back twice or if they do turn them around within a few days so I could just hang out up there. Mini vacation. I'm sure I can do this instal but the thought of the break-in terrifies me. I'm a throttle junkie. Also I'd prefer to have them Dyno it. Anyone had them do a 107 in house?
To quote Ferris Bueller........"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"

Nothing better than a well built, dyno'ed in motor and you can't go wring with the Cats @ FM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts