Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a tuner for my RGU with stage one. What is difference between Fuel Moto Micro Tuner and Power Commander V? Don't plan on doing any further mods to engine. Fuel Moto never responded to my question so I'll try you experts!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Surprised to hear they didn't respond, they are great with customer service. Sometimes it takes a day or two.

I have the micro tuner in my shark, installed it last August. It is all you need for stage one in my opinion, and if you make any changes to your pipes or A/C, they will send you a new map for free.

I also just installed the Power Commander V in my Wide Glide. That has a few more options, and although I doubt I'd do any more than the stage one I did, I might, so for the small amount extra I thought it was worth is.

Both are easy to install, and the instructions from Fuel Moto were spot on. Although the power commander was a VERY tight fit in my Dyna.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Check the install procedures on the micro and compare to the PCV. The PCV requires nothing more than plug and play. I thought I read somewhere that the Micro required wire tap? Probably more options and resale with the PCV but also more initial cost. If the PCV goes out on you it can be removed and the bike will at least run (original ECM settings). Not sure if the Micro can be easily removed if needed. If the install on the Micro is plug and play like the PCV it sounds like it may fit the bill.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Take a close look at the Dynojet Power vision. Made by the same company that makes PCV.
Best of both worlds and so easy to use.
Yes the micro tuner does require you to patch into a hot wire.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Try contacting FM again this week, and I suspect you'll get good advice. The V-Twin Expo was over the weekend, and I would imagine that they, and a lot of other vendors were as busy as a one armed paper hangers, over the past week. Just call them. Works better than email.

Jeff

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you only plan on replacing air cleaner & pipes, the micro tuner is perfect.

The micro tuner requires you to tap into a wire, but they supply the connector & is very easy to install

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fuel moto micro tuner

I went with the fuel moto micro tuner, air cleaner, and jackpot stainless headers and am very happy. Instalation was very easy and customer service was fantastic, called them a few few times during install. The micro tuner can also be removed and ECM reverts back to stock settings. I don't think you could go wrong with either tuner from fuel moto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts