Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone tells me to search old posts, I already have. Didnt quite get the answers I was looking for. I heard about this low cost, easy to install tuner that supposedly will reduce the temp of your bike and tune your fuel injection. I would like to hear any negative comments anyone has plus ask a few questions. Folks on here talk about preloaded tunes, I know the unit stores three seperate tunes and is switchable but can you reload the unit or are you stuck with the three you get from the factory? I see that it has a USB port onboard and it mentions that it uses Power Commander maps so I am assuming you can change them but not sure. I also see the fuel adjustment dials on board, the unit does not retune the ECM (as far as I can tell) it connects to and adjust the injectors themselves like the old Cobra tuners. I guess my real question is do you buy this unit then throw it away when you upgrade your equipment or re-map it? Also can it be dyno tuned the same way a Power Commander can? I am very seriously considering buying one of these units but just want to be sure I know what I am getting into. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Before anyone tells me to search old posts, I already have. Didnt quite get the answers I was looking for. I heard about this low cost, easy to install tuner that supposedly will reduce the temp of your bike and tune your fuel injection. I would like to hear any negative comments anyone has plus ask a few questions. Folks on here talk about preloaded tunes, I know the unit stores three seperate tunes and is switchable but can you reload the unit or are you stuck with the three you get from the factory? I see that it has a USB port onboard and it mentions that it uses Power Commander maps so I am assuming you can change them but not sure. I also see the fuel adjustment dials on board, the unit does not retune the ECM (as far as I can tell) it connects to and adjust the injectors themselves like the old Cobra tuners. I guess my real question is do you buy this unit then throw it away when you upgrade your equipment or re-map it? Also can it be dyno tuned the same way a Power Commander can? I am very seriously considering buying one of these units but just want to be sure I know what I am getting into. Thanks for any info
This unit is limited so if your doing cams etc.. It is not what you need
You can load other maps if you wish

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I called in and ordered one. The unit is downloadable using Power Commander maps, and it can be fine tuned on the Dyno, however it is only a fuel injector reprogrammer, it does not have the ability to add or decrease timing, so it is limited. For exhaust and air cleaner mods it is perfect. The rep did say it could handle some cam mods, but without being able to adjust timing, I would probably not be too comfortable with that. The guys at Fuel Moto load the map according to your description of your mods. If you change those mods they will email you new map or you can find one on the Power commander list and download it via USB. It seems though, that Fuel Moto really wants to pick the map and send it to you (fine with me). While talking to Fuel Moto before I bought the unit, they told me I can expect a tremendous reduction in heat right out of the box (this was my number one reason for purchase). I am pretty happy with the performance of my 103, and do not want to do anything that will affect the reliability of that set up, but the heat this motor puts off is outrageous. I traded an 88" upgraded to a 95" AND I still have a softail with a 96" and neither of those even come close to putting off the amount of heat my 103" does. If that reduces by a noticeable amount, I will be completely content with this bike as is (at least for a while).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most of the heat you are experiencing is coming from the cat, I know because I have the same bike. I bought the micro tuner and so far I like it, I have had to call and get them to email me a new map since the install due to a slip-on change, I had decel popping and the new map cleared it right up. Fuel mileage is almost the same, and the bike doesn't ping or run to hot. I should mention the best thing I did for the heat reduction was to change headpipes to a decatted one. If you have any questions feel free to PM me

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fuel Moto Micro tuner

I have one on my 2013 Road Glide, my mileage has increased. I am averaging 40 in town and 46 on the hi-way. As far heat reduction I cannot say because I had my cat removed and then added the tuner. I will tell you the heat reduction is approximately 150 degrees, that is measured with a electronic heat sensor/gun. The exhaust is very throaty, Loving it!!! CSM-H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts