Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing this
98" Big Bore Kit
I ride an 01 Road Glide with Magnetti Marelli EFI a Thunder Header and PC-V. Would the MM EFI be sufficient? and would my stock heads be ok until I can get some head work done? One more Question With 10:1 Compression would I need compression releases?

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
I am thinking about doing this
98" Big Bore Kit
I ride an 01 Road Glide with Magnetti Marelli EFI a Thunder Header and PC-V. Would the MM EFI be sufficient? and would my stock heads be ok until I can get some head work done? One more Question With 10:1 Compression would I need compression releases?
The MM EFI will work as long as everything is currently in good working order. You can use your stock heads however there are some considerations such as springs & seals that should be attended to as a minimum, and I would recommend compression releases. For best information of this nature I would recommend contacting us at 920-423-3309 so we can get more details on your bike, how many miles are on it, etc.. and provide our best info based on the specific objectives you are looking for with your build.

·
Registered
420 Posts
As you can see Jamie is on it. I have never heard anyone complain about service from Fuel Motto.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would give Frank a call over at Dragos.I think you would be just as happy if not happier with the end results .He does a ton of these builds.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The MM injection will still work at 98".
With the small individual runners, that set-up won't feed much larger, and we witnessed that almost 15 years ago,
That said, you asked about the heads?
Well, those constricted exhaust ports on the early T/C engines NEED to be attended to to 1) dump heat, and 2) allow a broader torque curve and peak hp to be exposed.
Goes without saying springs and seals.
Even our Stage I Torquemaster Heads come with 1.900" intakes/1.610" exhausts, and the exhaort port is "D" shaped, creating a raised floor on the short side radius, all done, IN HOUSE.
FWIW, we were one of the very first shops in the country to bore the OEM cylinder (IN HOUSE, btw) to 3.937" back in 2006, to 98" and then to 107" in 2007, using our proprietary Wiseco/Cometic piston/gasket kits that had Wiseco's engineering dept. whip up for us. :):):)
Scott

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I had a 2001 Electra Glide , I did a 95 kit on it , but I did the heads , cams and I can't remember but I think we bored the MM throttle body too . The bike ended up just over 100/100 and ran great til the day I sold it , the power difference from stock was incredible .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts