Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 FLTRU with python slip ons and a SE big air kit. It has a dealer download stage 1 I guess. I am going to get rid of the cat by installing a fullsac sportpipe. Also living in Nevada it is hot in the summer and we all know how lean these bikes run. sometimes it is quite uncomfortable. So my question is in order to richen this thing up would you guys suggest the fuelpack or fuel motto micro tuner. I am not looking to turn it into a hotrod just to richen it up and maybe get a little more out of it. I see the micro tuner lets you play a little more than the fuelpak but for what I want do I need to play with it? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I use the fuel pak and havent really had any problems with it. My scoot has just the stage1 a/c and a set of slip ons. If you plan on doing any further engine mods in the future than i would suggest going with something more advanced then the fuel pak or micro tuner as they arent too adjustable to the upgrades. Just my opinion though :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also looking at the SE tuner and software also. If you buy the cable kit it is around 300 but it looks very complicated "but" if I decide to do cams or more it would be handy. There are just too many choices.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If I was looking at two products everything about them equal.
even if Fuel moto was higher in price and that is not likely.
I would go Fuel Moto. They do stand behind what they sell.
They do remember you after the check is cashed.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If I was looking at two products everything about them equal.
even if Fuel moto was higher in price and that is not likely.
I would go Fuel Moto. They do stand behind what they sell.
They do remember you after the check is cashed.
Same thoughts here. Folks get great customer service from Jamie and a forum sponsor discount too. If all you need is a correctly programed fuel delivery system, it's going to be real hard to beat his micro tuner... I don't think you can.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just installed the Fuel Moto micro this weekend. I have basically the same set up you described and I couldnt be happier. bike runs cooler, and the performance is pretty spot on. Definitely happy. Customer service was great as well.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hands down Fuel Moto, their customer service is unbeatable. They will personally support your product with MAPs for your lifetime, they double the product warranty, their MAP library is probably one of if not the largest available and if they dont have your combo they will personally work with you to get the tune as correct as they can.

I have a minimal amount of experience as a tuner / mechanic and with Jamie and Keiths help over the years Ive done my own Stage 1 on a Fatboy using a PCIII, then later added cams and re-tuned to make it Stage 2, on my current RG Im running a Power Vision and started with their MAP and have since data logged and custom tweaked my tune. Any questions or problems along the way was just a phone call to get the answers from them

IMO even if there was a substantial difference in price FM is worth it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input . street vibes is this week I hope fuel moto is there. V & H will be there for sure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have the fuel moto micro tuner & thinks its great.. Fuelmoto also picks up the phone with the quickness & help with ease..

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Had the V&H tuner wasnt real happy with it now have a cobra,planning on cams this winter,curious to see if there claim is correct about it working with cams,if not will go with Fuel Moto after seeing all the positive feed back on this forum

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had the V&H tuner wasnt real happy with it now have a cobra,planning on cams this winter,curious to see if there claim is correct about it working with cams,if not will go with Fuel Moto after seeing all the positive feed back on this forum
I had the old Cobra fuel injection controller on another bike and it was just plain junk. I like some of their other produts so I am extremely interested in hearing how the new controller works, please update if you buy it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Problem with the Cobra is it is a fuel only tuner as well. These sometimes work ok for Stage 1 but when you get to Stage 2 (cams) you are leaving a lot of power using a fuel only tuner

At Stage 2 you really need to look at a flash type tuner or at the least a PC V

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks for the input . street vibes is this week I hope fuel moto is there. V & H will be there for sure.
I dont think FM will be there but Im sure Dynojet will have a booth since they are Nv based.

Id really reccommend buying directly from Fuel Moto (FM) so you get their support and double warranty and MAP base , its larger than the manufacturer Dynojet

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2012 FLTRU with python slip ons and a SE big air kit. It has a dealer download stage 1 I guess. I am going to get rid of the cat by installing a fullsac sportpipe. Also living in Nevada it is hot in the summer and we all know how lean these bikes run. sometimes it is quite uncomfortable. So my question is in order to richen this thing up would you guys suggest the fuelpack or fuel motto micro tuner. I am not looking to turn it into a hotrod just to richen it up and maybe get a little more out of it. I see the micro tuner lets you play a little more than the fuelpak but for what I want do I need to play with it? What do you guys think?
If you are using a Fullsac pipe, don't they also have a stage 1 tuner? If so, I'd go with that.

If not, absolutely go with Fuel Moto. Those guys are one of the best in the business when it comes to support and price. I'm not taking anything away from V&H, they make great products but FM will give you the service and support second to none.

Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you are using a Fullsac pipe, don't they also have a stage 1 tuner? If so, I'd go with that.

If not, absolutely go with Fuel Moto. Those guys are one of the best in the business when it comes to support and price. I'm not taking anything away from V&H, they make great products but FM will give you the service and support second to none.

Good luck.
Fullsac sells TTS tuners, which is a flash tuner like PowerVision. I have the Fullsac "C" x-pipe and Fullsac cores in my slipons with a SE AC and I am using a PV purchased from FuelMoto with Jamies custom tune and I am very happy with it. Don't go cheap on your tuner only to regret it later. Get one that will work with more mods on down the line and if you purchase from FM they will be there to support you with tunes as you make additional mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts