Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the fuel pump from my silver tank to my red tank. I noted that there are 2 ground wires, one on the fuel filter to pressure regulator and one from the wiring plug to the top plate. These both appear to plug/screw into plastic. Are they both for static electricity? It seemed odd. Any help you can give will be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
586 Posts
They could be. You definitely need to be grounded when fueling. Seems odd that they would go to plastic. Is the plastic just a connection point with another ground?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They could be. You definitely need to be grounded when fueling. Seems odd that they would go to plastic. Is the plastic just a connection point with another ground?
Not that I can tell. The top plate appears to be a molded plastic solid piece. The wire attached for the pressure regulator just screws into the same fitting the fuel filter is attached with. The other wire plugs into a recess in the top plate, coming from the fuel pump wiring harness. I can't see any place where there is metal that is attached to. :confused:

One of the wires is #24. The other is in the harness.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim. I think I have viewed every youtube and other video's. The 09-13 use a different fuel pump than the previous models and I have yet to find a video for the newer bikes. They changed when they went to the 6 gallon tank. I even signed up for FixMyHog hoping they had a video but they don't have plans until later this year.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks Jim. I think I have viewed every youtube and other video's. The 09-13 use a different fuel pump than the previous models and I have yet to find a video for the newer bikes. They changed when they went to the 6 gallon tank. I even signed up for FixMyHog hoping they had a video but they don't have plans until later this year.
Well we tried. Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts