Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed out the pump, filter, regulator, and all hoses, and that is when this started. When I first turn on the ignition I get the priming sound, then it goes quiet. Soon as I start the bike I get the spraying sound, but it goes away once the tank is down to about 3/4 full; not sure if it actually stops spraying or what, but I hear no spray sounds.
I was reading that this could be normal discharge from the regulator? I are confused.

The bike is a 2011 FLTRX and runs great, starts easy, no surging, no popping.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
823 Posts
If I had to guess - which I do... - I'd say the "spraying sound" is the fuel coming out of the bypass that is hitting the fuel in the tank when it's full, and the side of the tank (much quieter) when the level goes down a bit. Kinda like peeing in a urinal is quieter than peeing into the water in a toilet..

...And you totally need louder pipes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I don't get is why it only sprays when the engine is running? You would think that if there was a leak somewhere it would spray whenever the pump is on, since there is no way the system knows the engine is running...there I go thinking hard stuff again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for they replies guys - yes, I think it is discharge from the regulator. I opened up the lid and watched it as I turned the ignition on and it did spray out of the bottom of the regulator, so makes sense that the sound is from that. I am gonna try a different regulator next as this is a new one and the noise wasn't there before and maybe this one is gooned up.

I am having trouble getting me phone to recored audio, so can't post that yet, will do if this doesn't clear up.

Otter

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I just pulled apart and put back together my fuel system 3 times (when I didn't need to, it was another problem).

Anyway, One of the times I noticed the small o-ring stayed in the plastic housing when I pulled the regulator out, plus I had the screen/bir or-ring and that stuff in the wrong order. You might want to double check to see if everything is there, not too much is there, and that they are out together in the right order, but then again never forget I am an idiot and other people might not have that problem.

I was also told to make sure the hose on the right side of the tank was snapped into the holder and positioned so the end was down towards the front of the tank.

I spent way too much time inside the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts