Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to figure out what to do , i have rev. perf. fuel mang, i put 58mm tb. with 53.2 injectors an i called andrew about setting my ecm an he said their eq. is down. i heard is man guru left. now i dont know what to do.ecm is not reconizing the big injectors an still running lean .

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I had heard the car that was working at Rev perf is now consulting for them part time to work on these types of issues. Did they give a timeline for repair if the EQ?

Rowdy

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Did you do a complete stage IV on your bike or did you just do the 58mm TB with 5.3gps injectors and a cam? The 58mm TB is not IMO a 103" friendly TB and if you use it you need heads and high compression pistons to make it work better. The 58mm TB with the 5.3 injectors are all right if you ride balls to the wall all the time but it lacks the low end cruising performance. I would go with the Thundermax Auto Tuner because as far as I know T-Max is the only company that has a stage IV base map for their tuners, when I talked to Power Vision they did not have a stage IV base map. I took my 58mm TB off my bike but still used the 5.3gps injectors in my 50mm TB and I like the cruising performance better but I still needed the Stage IV base map so my injector pulse and timing were correct. I would just put the 50mm TB back on until you get a auto tuner, at least your AFR and injector pulse will be compatible with your ECM setting for now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 got 107 an big heads , does the 58mm tb take low end power away with 53.2 inj, can i install the thunder max an tune it or does it have to be dyno tuned, not use to this fuel injection stuff

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
1 got 107 an big heads , does the 58mm tb take low end power away with 53.2 inj, can i install the thunder max an tune it or does it have to be dyno tuned, not use to this fuel injection stuff
With the T-Max you don't need to dyno it should just auto tune the bike after a 30 mile ride but because a 107 inch stage IV tune is not as common of a build the base maps available are limited and you may need to do some data collection and have T-Max build you a custom map (there is no extra cost for this). You can just hook the lap top into the ECM and download the custom map into the ECM you just need to be on the Internet when you do that, to make other ECM adjustments you don't need a Internet connection. I did some research after I put the 58mm TB on with the 5.3 injectors because I did not like the low RPM cruising performance of the 58mm TB and most builders don't recommend that big of a TB until you at least get over 110 inch stage IV. To me when cruising around 2300 to 3000 RPM the TB provided to much air and the bike did not want to turn on until the RPM got over 3000 this may be partially a cam issue as well but putting on the 50mm TB with the 5.3 gps injectors gives the bike better low end perfomance and works well for me with the cam I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts