Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RGU that I want to put a tuner on. I was leaning toward the V&H Fuelpak. I was told at one of the local Harley shops that the Fuelpak would void the warranty. Has anyone heard of this or had experience with the Fuelpak causing warranty issues? To be clear, he did say that all of the non-Harley tuners will void the warranty. My thought is they are trying to see the Screamin Eagle tuners.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong area, but any input would be appreicated.
I would pay the dealer to do the work. I think they would have to warranty any issues if you have problems. I would imagine that means getting the Screaming Eagle Tuner.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What mods have you done... or what are you looking to do? I wouldn't recommend the fuel pak... just IMO. Not sure if its going to void the warranty or not, but I personally have not had good luck with the FP.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Asking the dealer to show you where it says that in writing will usually bring that conversation to a quick halt, because it's BS they use on newbies to scare them into buying house parts. Call them on it.

Somebody ought to make the Magnusson-Moss warranty act a sticky here. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm

Read the section titled "Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?"

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Asking the dealer to show you where it says that in writing will usually bring that conversation to a quick halt, because it's BS they use on newbies to scare them into buying house parts. Call them on it.

Somebody ought to make the Magnusson-Moss warranty act a sticky here. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm

Read the section titled "Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?"
+1, I would call them on it, and if you have another option for a dealer/indy in your area I would be goin to them. I would have a problem being loyal to a shop that tried to punk me. On the tuner, I would do a little more research before I used the FP. I know a lot of folks probably like them, but I have seen more negative than positive. That also depends on what mods you have done, or are planning to do. Just my .02... Keep us posted on the outcome.

Rowdy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input on this. I think I will NOT put the FP on the bike afterall. Right now I don't plan on doing any more mods to the bike after the tuner, but yall know how that changes. I really never leave anything stock for long historically. LOL . I guess I will keep doing my research for a tuner. Thanks again for all of your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts

Will put it up as a sticky under engines--thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I lied. After much deliberation and consideration, I installed the Fuelpak. I can honestly say it really woke the bike up. It was bogging down at take off so I called V&H and Derek gave me the settings to change, it make a real difference. I think there are more "invovled" fuel mgrs on the market but at this time I am not unhappy with the fuelpak. I think its a great place to start, it was for me anyway.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I have the v&h fuelpak on my bike which is pretty much stock. Only have air cleaner and slip ons and the fuelpak works fine for me. Its not very tunable for when i do more work but ill cross that bridge when i get there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far so good. The Fuelpak has made a noticeable improvement. I lost 2 mpg tho. I pulls like a mule and all gears after a few adjustments from V&h.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts