Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here do the install and happy with the sound. Looks pretty straight forward. Just curious on the sound?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the recore kit for the CVO. They are 1.75 and they sound nice. Quiet enough that I don't piss off the neighbors at 5am but have nice volume when you get on it. Have heard the ones for the stock slip ons. Steve very good to deal with even after the sale.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
baffles

I did the install last night, really easy, cant wait for the x pipe and the rest of the kit to come.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone done the recore themselves or have you all sent them to FullSac to do it. It looks easy enough to do, just wondering if anyone had experience with doing this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did the install last night, really easy, cant wait for the x pipe and the rest of the kit to come.
I just realized you said you did this. Do you have pictures? Did you do the slash up or down? I am going to do the x-pipe but not sure if I am going to recore my pipes or buy new mufflers. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I've always had good luck with Wild Pig pipes, I'm on my 2nd personal set, and a couple friends have had them also. I get alot of comments on the sound. The claim to be "blems", but I've yet to see a visible problem with any of them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wild-Pig-Pipes-Road-King-Exhaust-Pipes-1995-2011-/110730559789?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c80e412d#ht_500wt_1182

That said, the Fullsac re-core kit holds some promise and intrigue for me. I like the look of a 4" muffler vs a 3-1/2", the baffling appeares to be very similar to what I'm running now so the sound should be close.
One added benefit is that the stock muffler cans have the Federal EPA stamp on them, which means if you run into a dick of a LEO you might convince them that they are OEM mufflers that meet regulations??
The only thing I don't like is the price, $199 seems a bit steep for 2 raw metal baffles and 2 chrome caps. $149 would seem like a better price point to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fullsac

FYI if you mention that you saw them on the forum they will give you them for $175 and they really are a quality piece.

i always try to keep the little guys going as much as i can.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the Info. Did you do the black end caps or chrome? Did you put the x-pipe on yet? Wondering what you think about the power gain. I am leaning towards this set up myself as I think it looks like it may be a great option. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those look good, I'm getting them in the winter.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I purchased a set of CVO slip ons from a member, I purchased the 2" CVO cores from fullsac and I installed them myself. The first one was a pain in the ass but with help from fullsac the second one was alot easier to do and took half the time to do it. I'm very happy with its performance and I'm shocked to fund what the CVO slip ons had inside them.....talk about restrictive !

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased a set of CVO slip ons from a member, I purchased the 2" CVO cores from full sac and I installed them myself. The first one was a pain in the ass but with help from full sac the second one was alot easier to do and took half the time to do it. I'm very happy with its performance and I'm shocked to fund what the CVO slip ons had inside them.....talk about restrictive !
I too have their CVO 2" Power Cores and I really like em. Installation was really easy and the sound much throatier without being too loud. Throttle response seems better, and as stated they have to be flowing way more than the stock CVO pipes. For me, it was an excellent investment...don't get to say that very often. LOL

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Well I was recommended to pull the cat first before I just upgrade to the 2.25" performance core baffles. The tone on the pipes should actually change and there will be no need for me to go that big. I've also read that guys there at fullsac have been running the smaller size to continue the back pressure? Well I'll see and I'll post my findings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fullsac

Have a CVO 4 in set of mufflers with the 2 in baffles....happy with sound...a lot better than reinharts.....were just too loud for me....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fullsac 2" CVO Baffles

When my 2011 CVO Road Glide was new I had the Harley dealer obtain and install the X-Pipe and TTS Software/Download from Fullsac. We installed Vance & Hines Wide Oval mufflers.

With the power tools from a technician, where I work, we modified the stock mufflers to accept the 2" CVO mufflers from Fullsac. The installation was a breeze just as the video depicts.

1. The sound is awesome without being to loud at speed without using any of the noise eliminating material that came in the stock mufflers.

2. There's much improved torque/ power throughout- in fact the main reason I switched to Fullsac CVO Baffles was I was going to upgrade the Cams and the technician told me the Vance & Hines mufflers did not perform well-he recommended Fullsac baffles in the stock mufflers. Now that these Fullsac Baffles are in place I don't need new Cams.

3. The bike always averaged less than 40 MPG before switching from Vance & Hines mufflers to the Fullsac modified stock mufflers, even running it hard it got 40 MPG.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts