Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is 2016 RGU stock 103. Finally installed Fullsac DX pipe with their Slash Slip-ons and 2 inch baffles as part of my Stage I upgrade. Also had them install the techmat in the muffler. Install was pretty straight forward. Decibel meter with stock was about 67 at idle and mid 80's at 3k rpm. Now it's about low 90's at idle and saw around 105 at 3k. didn't have a frequency meter to measure the actual depth of tone but it has a nice tone for what I was looking for. Don't think I would have liked the 2.25" any better. hoping to get on the Dyno next week to see the after numbers. Would recommend them.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I am rocking the 2.25's in my CVO Cans with the Blankets and Screens and LOVE the sound - Was talking with @Smarty about it last night.......quiet at start up and can idle out of the neighborhood without pissing the neighbors off and when you get ham fisted on the right side.......the sound is perfect - Not annoying on the Hwy and just a damn good sounding bike now

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am rocking the 2.25's in my CVO Cans with the Blankets and Screens and LOVE the sound - Was talking with @Smarty about it last night.......quiet at start up and can idle out of the neighborhood without pissing the neighbors off and when you get ham fisted on the right side.......the sound is perfect - Not annoying on the Hwy and just a damn good sounding bike now
I have the same setup, with their MX headpipe. I'm getting a real deep steady drone at cruising speeds, regardless of RPM's. Have you noticed this?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have the same setup, with their MX headpipe. I'm getting a real deep steady drone at cruising speeds, regardless of RPM's. Have you noticed this?
I have the MX head pipe in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm off shore at work right now. Nov or Dec before I get a chance to install it. Sure hope I do not get a drone.

Right now for 4468 miles I have had just the 2.25 cores, tech mat and screens installed on my 18 CVO RG. Sounds great and no drone.

My 13 CVO King has the DX head Pipe and the 2.25 cores, tech mat and screens, its a 138.5 HP and 140 torque bike, no drone, nice bark.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the MX head pipe in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm off shore at work right now. Nov or Dec before I get a chance to install it. Sure hope I do not get a drone.

Right now for 4468 miles I have had just the 2.25 cores, tech mat and screens installed on my 18 CVO RG. Sounds great and no drone.

My 13 CVO King has the DX head Pipe and the 2.25 cores, tech mat and screens, its a 138.5 HP and 140 torque bike, no drone, nice bark.
The drone was in my head apparently. After a nice long ride, I realized it's just a different sound than I was used to. I had the D & D fatcat on my 2013. Regardless, I was also used to louder pipes, so I've replaced the mufflers with the CVO Cores with the Tab Performance mufflers with their Zombie baffles. Now she screams. Love the new sound.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The drone was in my head apparently. After a nice long ride, I realized it's just a different sound than I was used to. I had the D & D fatcat on my 2013. Regardless, I was also used to louder pipes, so I've replaced the mufflers with the CVO Cores with the Tab Performance mufflers with their Zombie baffles. Now she screams. Love the new sound.
That is good to hear. I sure did not want a drone. I choose my baffles based purely on performance. Anything bigger than a 2.25 baffle you loose power, unless you have a big inch motor like a 130 or bigger.

Tried several baffles in my 13 CVO King. The best was the 2.25, the 2.0 gave a little more low end torque, same peak torque and lost a little top end HP.

2.50 baffles and I gained 1 hp, and lost 4 torque, all across the torque range.

Will probable go down to the 2.0 on my 18 CVO unless I do some motor work as they will make more power.

The sound of the TAB mufflers with the Zombie baffles is awesome, love the sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts