Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new Fullsac headpipe. Bought the sportpipe for the Twincam and loved it. I have an '18 Road Glide Special with Stage 2 torque cam and Rinehart 4" mufflers with stock headpipe. Would appreciate any and all info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new Fullsac headpipe. Bought the sportpipe for the Twincam and loved it. I have an '18 Road Glide Special with Stage 2 torque cam and Rinehart 4" mufflers with stock headpipe. Would appreciate any and all info.

Thanks!
I have that header. Main difference I noticed is the heat is way down. My builder originally had the bassani roadrage and switched to fullsac header and gained about 6 hp/tq

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What tuner are you running? I have the HD street tuner, and have read that some couldn't tune it with that tuner, and a non cat headpipe. I had FP3 with my '15 model and loved it. Got talked into the HD tuner due to warranty issues, but may regret it.

Thanks for your reply!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
What tuner are you running? I have the HD street tuner, and have read that some couldn't tune it with that tuner, and a non cat headpipe. I had FP3 with my '15 model and loved it. Got talked into the HD tuner due to warranty issues, but may regret it.

Thanks for your reply!!
TTS. That decision was completely the preference to my builder and what he liked to tune with. He's great with the tts and he liked the fullsac header in part of the way they put the O2 sensors. He liked the way the 12mm was welded in shallow as opposed to too far away from the inside of the pipe where the sensor can't get much data

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am jumping in the pool on this pipe. I have 4500 miles on a 2017 and a set of S&S MK45's that I love. Spoke with Steve today and I requested a map from fuelmoto to handle the new headpipe. So should be able to provide more real world feedback in a week

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am jumping in the pool on this pipe. I have 4500 miles on a 2017 and a set of S&S MK45's that I love. Spoke with Steve today and I requested a map from fuelmoto to handle the new headpipe. So should be able to provide more real world feedback in a week
Fuelmoto is providing a tune for your fullsac headpipe?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Steve George is the Owner of FULLSAC. Jamie Long is the owner of Fuel Moto.

I think some got confused.....

YB

·
Registered
97 Posts
M8 Fullsac pipe install and opening feedback

OK as noted in a prior post I ordered the M8 Fullsac headpipe. In the days prior to the arrival of the pipe (very fast shipping arrived to FL inside 4 days) I had removed the front footpad, the stock shields, the stock exhaust the aux cooler fan and the support bracket that holds the stock cross over pipe to the oil pan. So the bike was ready for the install when the pipe arrived. I also sent an email to Jaime @ Fuelmoto asking for a MAP to load in the Powervision when the time came. Jaime was of course great sent me a map within 6 hours of my email request.

When the pipe arrived I comes with all hardware including two new breeze clamps to replace the stock clamps for the collector shield. I removed the c clips and flanges from the stock exhaust when I prepped the bike.

The install was very fast, perhaps less than an hour. A warning the front cylinder top exhaust nut is tough to get off due to it alignment with the frame. But I used an open end wrench and got it off. This on a bike with 5000 miles so it was not difficult may be more challenging in the future with age. That was the toughest part of the job.

The pipe does not come with exhaust gaskets I reused the stock gaskets as they were in great shape. If you replace plan on getting cone style vs square gaskets.

You will need to remove two Allen head bolts from the oil pan to mount the alloy l bracket provided with the pipe. This additional mount really secures the provided full size cross pipe.

Summary: Installation is smooth great fit and finish did not require any extra effort to get everything to fit nicely. The stock shields also fit great much easier than when I used the jackpot headpipe on a 2016 exhaust. Never got the jackpot to fit properly with the shields.

The map supplied by Jaime was foolproof worked right out of the box. So after 1 hour the bike was ready to ride. The enhanced airflow is noticeable right away. First thing you notice is the equal exhaust output as opposed to the stock output that seemed to favor the right side exhaust. The sound adds a low but noticeable growl to the S&S MK45's. No question it makes this Harley sound like a Harley. You will notice a much quicker acceleration increase. Tough to quantify as I have not dyno'd it. But I was looking to get a more noticeable rumble out of the bike and this was clearly accomplished with this upgrade. I do believe you will notice an performance increase as well as a more pleasant equal exhaust output .

I have banked the bike hard into a few turns and have not rubbed the crossover pipe as yet. It is a nice design with the primary advantage over the jackpot being the removal of the 90 degree left hand muffler joint and the removal of the stock flattened cross over.

It is more $$ than the SS jackpot pipe which I also found to be of excellent quality. BUT the 90 joint and use of the stock crossover pushed me to try fullsac. I am glad I did.
Highly recommend.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It is a nice design with the primary advantage over the jackpot being the removal of the 90 degree left hand muffler joint and the removal of the stock flattened cross over.
The 90 joint and use of the stock crossover pushed me to try fullsac. I am glad I did. Highly recommend.
Chris, you're comparing your 16 Fuel Moto pipe to your M8 Fullsac pipe. I could be wrong, but by the pic the Fullsac pipe for the 16 Road Glide appears to have a 90 degree crossover as well (albeit a full sized crossover, compared to FM's use of OEM flattened one). FM does offer full-size crossover for a price, but oddly they don't advertise it for the 17's/18/s. They DO mention the use of the flat OEM crossover for their 2-1-2 pipe for 17's/18's so not sure why it's not offered. My guess is they do, it's just not updated on their site.

The Fullsac crossover looks a little different for the M8 but then so does Fuel Moto's M8 pipe. Haven't seen either in person, but like you, I put the Fuel Moto on my 16 and ran into the same "shield alignment" issue as well. Close enough will have to do. If I ever replace mine, I think I'll also give the Fullsac a try. Can't say I've heard any complaints about Fullsac's pipe, shield alignment or otherwise. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
97 Posts
comparison

Good point it does read like I am comparing two different engine/exhaust variations in my prior post. So in the interest of clarity I will break it apart.

#1. On my 2016 I had a FM jackpot ceramic header using the stock crossover. I LOVED the ceramic coating and it did more than IO expected regarding the surface temp of the exhaust. It was no gimmick the ceramic coating appeared to have a significant impact in reducing surface temps on the headpipe.

#2. The 2016 did use the stock crossover and mount. It worked great and the only item I would complain about was the shield fitment.

2017 M 8 Engine

Fullsac offers the full crossover pipe. The key difference was that unlike the FM full crossover the Fullsac version does not use the existing crossover support bracket. The supply a new support bracket which allows the crossover to merge with the header gradual (not 90 degree) angle.

Assuming that FM has a crossover for the M8 jackpot I ASSUME it would still use the stock mounting bracket which would require that it exit at 90 degrees

I am no expert of exhaust flow but requiring flow to turn a 90 degree corner as opposed to a more gradual radius would suggest it would low with less restriction.

Bottomline: No question that the FM ceramic pipe is (IMO) the best and nicest header I have ever seen. It is the same price as the Stainless Steel Fullsac header.

So if you go M8 Jackpot ceramic you will pay close to what you will pay for the m8 Fullsac. With the jackpot you get the very nice and effective ceramic coating with the fullsac you get the very nice crossover with new mounting bracket.

With the Fullsac I mounted the shields with no issue. I have not tried to mount the M8 Version of the jackpot but looking at the pictures the use of special mounts for the shields would suggest there have addressed the shield mount issues on the M8 version.

Jaime did send me a map that he suggested "was close" for the fullsac. It was very very close and I got no popping etc. I could dial it in I am sure but it was good right out of the box.

Hope that clears this up. Both vendors are topflight this is a Chevy-Ford debate.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The Fullsac MX head pipe is a very quality piece and super easy to install, almost falls into place.

I installed the fullsac MX head pipe, 2.25 power cores and the tech matt on my 18 CVO Road Glide. I also installed the Map with the TTS tuner. It road great, no issue but I knew a canned map would never be as good as a dyno tune.

Results are very impressive. Will take lots of money to get 129 torque even out of a CVO 110.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have this pipe as well. Heat, gone, install, easy. Fitment was perfect. Equal exhaust pressure coming out of both sides. Love it. Have not had it dyno'd so can't speak to the performance, but the sound is great, really wakes up the 117 M8.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have this pipe as well. Heat, gone, install, easy. Fitment was perfect. Equal exhaust pressure coming out of both sides. Love it. Have not had it dyno'd so can't speak to the performance, but the sound is great, really wakes up the 117 M8.
Did you hear a change to the exhaust note, if so how?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
does the fullsac mx header have a black option?

on a side not does any slip on fit to any header? noob question sorry...
Because it is a pipe only and you use your stock shields it does not come with black or chrome shields

As for the slip on's. Yes it will work with any slip on's assuming they are year and model appropriate

1 - 20 of 23 Posts