Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Yellowstone on Sunday Night as one does......S4 E3 and Jimmy is being carted off with Travis (Dpt Chief Hale from the 1st 2 seasons of SOA) and complains that Jimmy will snore loudly in the truck so they request "Shane Smith" music - I had to laugh as I went to Middle & High School with a Shane Smith so off to Google I go to see whats up - Been listening every day since Sunday....good for the Soul Music and something I can see Pops stompin to round the firepit

That and I found out that most of the Producers on Yellowstone came from SOA so the show and its "way" are making more and more sense to me....

Give it a Min to kick in....then I hope you enjoy

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Saw part of an episode in the hotel. Reminds me of the night time soap opera my parents watched. "Dallas" and "Falcon Crest" with a modern no censorship take on the same themes.

Not my thing, not that there is anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Not surprised by the connection to SOA. I have been calling it SOA for cowboys. I hated SOA but watched it for the bikes. I hate Yellowstone but I watch it for the horses and that blond chick. Before I was a motorcycle enthusiast I was half a cowboy. But that's just like my opinion, man.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
2,107 Posts
Not surprised by the connection to SOA. I have been calling it SOA for cowboys. I hated SOA but watched it for the bikes. I hate Yellowstone but I watch it for the horses and that blond chick. Before I was a motorcycle enthusiast I was half a cowboy. But that's just like my opinion, man.
Lot of hate dude

·
Administrator
12,030 Posts
Always been cowboy and motosickle rider , so there .. Never watched SOA and I saw part of one episode of Yellowstone before I realized it wasn't a good western movie ...

JtB

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went back and binged all (7) seasons of SOA and it reminds me of The Sopranos - VERY Dark content with some funny as hell, smart ass humor and a storyline that makes you cheer for the outlaw - Some of the scenes in both SOA and Sopranos are some of the best acting you will ever see, big or small screen - I love Yellowstone as it plays on that but with a Cowboy Twist - All for One, get your brothers back and never turn on the family....a piece of America that died long ago...Sopranos, SOA, Yellowstone.....all the same story set in different scenes and characters - The writing on all (3) shows is tremendous and same with the acting - Sure there are some characters that phone it in but those get erased when a scene makes you feel what it is supposed to do....for that, I love all (3) of those shows

And I found a fun new band to listen too

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I went back and binged all (7) seasons of SOA and it reminds me of The Sopranos - VERY Dark content with some funny as hell, smart ass humor and a storyline that makes you cheer for the outlaw - Some of the scenes in both SOA and Sopranos are some of the best acting you will ever see, big or small screen - I love Yellowstone as it plays on that but with a Cowboy Twist - All for One, get your brothers back and never turn on the family....a piece of America that died long ago...Sopranos, SOA, Yellowstone.....all the same story set in different scenes and characters - The writing on all (3) shows is tremendous and same with the acting - Sure there are some characters that phone it in but those get erased when a scene makes you feel what it is supposed to do....for that, I love all (3) of those shows

And I found a fun new band to listen too
Anyone tuning in to see reality will be disappointed. It’s entertainment. That’s all. I heard of Yellowstone and took a look, that girl is worth watching for me as I wouldn’t mind getting tangled up with her in reality! Same with SOA and Sopranos, heard about them, then I just enjoyed the escape. It’s like, c’mon, you can’t have them shootouts like SOA and not draw national or possibly world wide recognition is the real world. But they’re cool to watch…my only caveat is that I catch all this stuff after the fact. I don’t pay for tv, just interwebs. That said, check out Animal Kingdom, another similar type show. Have to do something in evenings after a day of scooting…

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Anyone tuning in to see reality will be disappointed. It’s entertainment. That’s all. I heard of Yellowstone and took a look, that girl is worth watching for me as I wouldn’t mind getting tangled up with her in reality! Same with SOA and Sopranos, heard about them, then I just enjoyed the escape. It’s like, c’mon, you can’t have them shootouts like SOA and not draw national or possibly world wide recognition is the real world. But they’re cool to watch…my only caveat is that I catch all this stuff after the fact. I don’t pay for tv, just interwebs. That said, check out Animal Kingdom, another similar type show. Have to do something in evenings after a day of scooting…
Hey. They showed some ass shots and full side boob on the esp 4 1st one of the blond. So there is that at least.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
This coming season is the final season - GREAT show... based off an Australian Series I believe
I like it for the escapism...I used to summer in Oceanside, so I know the area...Pope is FN crazy, great acting. TV/Movies are not my main thing unless I am looking to sleep. These shows keep me awake.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,286 Posts
WELL SMACK MY ASS AND CALL ME NANCY......SWO?

You ol son of a bitch....you ol sailor you....where the fuck you been man?
Took the words right outa my mouth ....

• Haha
Reactions: Oclaf

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,286 Posts
Huge Shawn Hatosy fan and he NAILS the role of "Pope"...will miss that show for sure
My favorite weekly show for the past couple years or more has been filmed not far from you .... Chicago P.D. Gotta love the Hank Voight role and the wonderful job of acting he brings to the show. I enjoy the thought of a police dept. having a special investigative unit that stretches a few laws in order to get their man. The criminals are so heinous that the big boys at 1 PP look the other way as long as Voight and crew take the bad guys off the street. Based on the horrendous # of murders in Chicago every year, seems like they might want to actually create a similar task force.

Reactions: Oclaf
1 - 20 of 34 Posts