Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about making it one of my goals to ride to the 4 furthest points north, south, east, and west of the contiguous 48. I've also been toying with the idea of adding in the highest and lowest elevation points.

Who has accomplished this or who else is currently working on it?

·
Super Moderator
10,207 Posts
you can actually do this for a wall diploma

Key West Florida
Madawaska Me
San Ysidro Ca
Blaine Wa
and the center of the US in Kansas I believe

If ya do the four corners its around 10000 miles
you can go from one corner to Kansas to the second corner to Kansas to the third corner to Kansas and the fourth corner and back to Kansas

I've hit those four places but not in the same trip , is on my bucket list

JtB

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http://sc-ma.com/rides/usa-four-corners-tour-site&ei=CkTkUeGkOIKhqgGx-YD4Cg&usg=AFQjCNEI00i6lGzPoSFWihrhcOA5ppwwQQ&sig2=WPqBn9u4U0fLBkIpJLqfuw&bvm=bv.48705608,d.dmg

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I was supposed to do the Olympic loop in WA on my trip I just got back from but had to skip it as my buddies bike broke down twice. Next time I'll check that part out.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
FXDTim did the four corners on his Dyna. He's on the road now, but I think he'll be at SWIII. He's the man to ask.

I've hit Key West FL, Coldfoot Camp AK, and San Diego, CA. Hoping to hit Maine next year.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Thanks for the link Jack. This is on my list, though I probably wouldn't do the X - nothing against Kansas, but to keep going back?

Here's what my X ride would look like:

And this is more like the route I would ride:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link Jack. This is on my list, though I probably wouldn't do the X - nothing against Kansas, but to keep going back?

Here's what my X ride would look like:

And this is more like the route I would ride:

What is San Ysidro, CA? It isn't the southern most since that is in FL, nor is it the western most point.

I have been looking at this from wikipedia and some of the towns change depending on which dates you want to go by when corrections were made to errors in the maps of the US

I was looking at doing 3 trips, one to Maine this summer, one to FL, and another to get the north and west in one trip.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
What is San Ysidro, CA? It isn't the southern most since that is in FL, nor is it the western most point.

I have been looking at this from wikipedia and some of the towns change depending on which dates you want to go by when corrections were made to errors in the maps of the US

I was looking at doing 3 trips, one to Maine this summer, one to FL, and another to get the north and west in one trip.
I think the concept is that of treating the lower 48 as a rectangle and riding to each corner. Not science, just an excuse to ride to the edges.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Been to Key West in a convertible, Someday I'll get out west.

Madawaska 4 corners monument.

20 miles west in Ft Kent is the start (end ?) of US 1 monument.

Easternmost point in the US is in Lubec Maine, off US1

You could do all 3 in a long day out of Bangor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts