Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at bar for my hopefully soon to be new bike. At the moment, my Sporty has Biltwell Window Bars. Straight up a bit with no real pull back.

One bar I've seen that I like for the Road Glides is Harley Fused bars. I like the reduced pull back design of them. Anyone got a photo of them on their bike or reviews on them.

Also, any other bar with minimal pull back, minimal wrist bend and a bit of raise. Thinking around 12", give or take.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you want a lot of spread or more straight up? I had Harley Chiseled Apes on the precious RGU and they go straight up and then they have a small amount of pullback. But they also have less spread.

The most recent bike has the siouxicide Choppers 16” bars. These are spread a lot further and still have a minimum of pullback. One of my fav things of these is that I can actually see my turn signals now. The chiseled ones were right in front of the flashing light on the dash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Want to have minimal spread, and looking at the fused bars they might be a bit wide for me. Current bars on the Sporty are 28" wide. Need to get a feel for the RG after I get it, but thinking about 34". The Chiseled bars look good. Also looking at KST.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing about the harley chiseled apes, the hand position is down from the total rise. They go up and then come back down. So my hands weren’t as high as I wanted them when I had those. I sought out ones that actually put my hands a little higher this time around.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Also consider your on a larger bike than the sporty. The wider spread will help control a bit. Steering input is different. Also, if you aren't happy with your seat. Change that before the bars as you seating position will change where you are in relation to the bars.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have JSR Customs bars as well. Though mine are 12" Bad Attitude that I had them custom made for me. I couldn't be happier. And for a fantastic price. Gray customer service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think between 10-12" would be about right for me. Took it for a 7km ride today before I bought it, comfortable with the stock bars, but not quite right for me. Will keep it stock for a little while, while I work out what I want to do.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I think between 10-12" would be about right for me. Took it for a 7km ride today before I bought it, comfortable with the stock bars, but not quite right for me. Will keep it stock for a little while, while I work out what I want to do.
Try pulling the pin and rolling them forward. It's easy enough to do and doesn't cost anything. Might end up working out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You don't mention whether or not you have an Ultra, but keep in mind that Ultra bars are 2" taller than the bars on a RG or RGS. On my Ultra, I rolled the bars forward, which worked for me for about 3 years. I suffered with them over the course of the last year, then caved and bought new bars. As you'll find in every bar thread, what works for one rider may not work for another. Likewise, what works for you on one seat may not work on another. The point is also well-made that the Roadie is a bigger, heavier bike than your Sporty, and you may well benefit from a wider bar than you think.

I'm extraordinarily happy with the 14" KST Pathfinders, and would recommend them to anyone. My install thread here:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike is a RG, not a fan of the blacked out RGS and they don't do the RGU in Australia. Has the 6.5 GTS system, so I have the navigation system in there.
I'm 5'9" and 155lb, so not going to be fit anything too high. A lot of people seem happy with the 14's.
Pick the bike up today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did a bit of looking. Decided on a set of Chiseled Lo bars in Chrome. Should take about 2 weeks to arrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts