Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RGS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale:
14” high FXR Division motorwitch bars for 2017 and newer Road glides.
Condition: Good. Purchased new at beginning of 2021. I did use some pulling gel while pulling wires through.
Bars look and work great, I’m just going to a different height, which is why I’m selling.

Some say they mimic the feel of t-bar setups without the hassle of all the relocations.

These cost over $400 new after shipping from most vendors. I’m looking for $220 shipped CONUS and I will ship in a well padded box.
Clothes hanger Sleeve Wood T-shirt Rectangle
Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Art Font

·
Registered
2018 RGS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a "stock photo" from mfg of what they look like on the RG.
I did not need extensions of any stock cable lengths (brakes, clutch, or controls) when they were mounted.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
2018 RGS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve never had the opportunity to ride another RG with T bars , but I like the width, angle , etc.

A lot of my seat time has been on a dirt bike in harescrambles

·
Premium Member
2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE
63 Posts
These are the bars I'm really considering for my '11 RGU CVO. Has anyone put any miles on em and what's the opinion?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Had a set on my 18 special for two years, really liked them. I didn’t have to extend wires or lines which was a bonus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of the 12" bars on my 17 FLTRU, and I LOVE them. I'm 6'2" and the reach/feel is perfect. I was looking at risers/mx bars or T-bars but didn't want to drill my instrument cluster and block the view of my head unit, these bars were just the right answer.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive design

These are the bars I'm really considering for my '11 RGU CVO. Has anyone put any miles on em and what's the opinion?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I have a set of the 12" bars on my 17 FLTRU, and I LOVE them. I'm 6'2" and the reach/feel is perfect. I was looking at risers/mx bars or T-bars but didn't want to drill my instrument cluster and block the view of my head unit, these bars were just the right answer.
Man those look sharp! How's the handling? I'm assuming great since you love them? Do you think you have a slight lean forward with them, or have enough pull back to maybe let a slight lean back? I got the money for one shot at new bars lol trying to get it right the first and only time. I've been thinking about these for a couple months. You two are the first I've heard talk about them. And I just think they look really good and from what I've read about them, that kind of set up is the best for handling. That incorrect?

·
Registered
2018 RGS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The handling, which comes down to width, height and angle was the main reason I like the bars. They feel great. I happen to like the no frills look too. When you add that to the fact you can run stock cables and see your stock gauges, it checks all the boxes(for me anyhow). I don’t think you feel like you’re sitting/leaning back way too much, but that again, feels better for handling, and not like you’re in a lazy boy recliner.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The handling, which comes down to width, height and angle was the main reason I like the bars. They feel great. I happen to like the no frills look too. When you add that to the fact you can run stock cables and see your stock gauges, it checks all the boxes(for me anyhow). I don’t think you feel like you’re sitting/leaning back way too much, but that again, feels better for handling, and not like you’re in a lazy boy recliner.
I don't use my highway pegs, guess just not comfortable with that feeling like you said "recliner." The width is what I like. Only 30.5 width. I'm told the narrower the better so you don't get neck and back strain with your arms out wide. Thanks for the info and your opinion. I'm pretty sure these are the bars I'm going to go with. I'll update if I do. Glad I found a couple guys who've used em.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with Flatlite. The bars are designed for their handling. You can ride with them tilted back slightly without issue. In fact I had to do so when I first got the bars. At full lock they were striking my windshield (Klockwerks Pro Tour 15"). I switched out my shield to an LRS and was able to line my bars up with my forks and they handle like a dream (IMO). I do most of my riding with my feet on the boards but find them equally comfortable when I'm leaned back with my feet kicked out on my highway pegs.

I don't use my highway pegs, guess just not comfortable with that feeling like you said "recliner." The width is what I like. Only 30.5 width. I'm told the narrower the better so you don't get neck and back strain with your arms out wide. Thanks for the info and your opinion. I'm pretty sure these are the bars I'm going to go with. I'll update if I do. Glad I found a couple guys who've used em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts