Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q-Hog...it looks like Ranger is planning a trip south toward Warm Springs sometime in the next few months and we need to plan yours as well.
To get this party started, do you want to throw out some dates in late May / early June when you will be able to do the Cherohala and Dragon? I think you said that you put in for weekends around that time, so if you want to throw some out there, go ahead. I'm free most every weekend and as long as the rest of the crew has a little notice, it sounds like they are as well.
If you want to plan the route, that works great since it's your ride, but if you would rather me or someone who has been before to do it, I don't mind at all!!
Since we got the ball rolling with a lot of the GA Sharks this weekend, let's keep the momentum and ride together as much as possible.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Haha!! I'm with ya! Love the enthusiasm
I'm in if I'm in town. May 1-5 Thunder Beach. May 15-23 San Antonio, Austin, Waco Texas. July 23-29 Hutmo's Gypsy Tour. July 29-August ? SW III and the ride home.....:cool:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in if I'm in town. May 1-5 Thunder Beach. May 15-23 San Antonio, Austin, Waco Texas. July 23-29 Hutmo's Gypsy Tour. July 29-August ? SW III and the ride home.....:cool:
Tim,
I'm contemplating a quick trip down to Thunder Beach for lunch on Saturday. Are you guys going to be meeting up? I may try to shoot down for lunch then head back North to Carrollton. I wish I could stay longer, but I'm strapped for time over the next few weeks.

Jesse

·
Registered
853 Posts
Tim,
I'm contemplating a quick trip down to Thunder Beach for lunch on Saturday. Are you guys going to be meeting up? I may try to shoot down for lunch then head back North to Carrollton. I wish I could stay longer, but I'm strapped for time over the next few weeks.

Jesse
I could go Sunday, I'm tied up on Saturday....wait....is that THIS Saturday or the Saturday the 2nd? I'm clear on the 2nd

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I could go Sunday, I'm tied up on Saturday....wait....is that THIS Saturday or the Saturday the 2nd? I'm clear on the 2nd
Darrell - Saturday, May 4th would be the day. Probably leave early that morning...have lunch....then ride back. I think there is a plan to meet at the Wicked Wheel at 11:30 Central but we'll have to get Tsmartt to confirm. That might be a good ride to get you warmed up for the Gypsy Tour. Probably 600 mi round-trip. I'll be rollin' Ultra mode that day!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Darrell - Saturday, May 4th would be the day. Probably leave early that morning...have lunch....then ride back. I think there is a plan to meet at the Wicked Wheel at 11:30 Central but we'll have to get Tsmartt to confirm. That might be a good ride to get you warmed up for the Gypsy Tour. Probably 600 mi round-trip. I'll be rollin' Ultra mode that day!!
Sounds good Jesse, yeah, a butt conditioner is what I'm thinkin'...for the Honey that is.....wait.....I might be getting into troubling water here......:eek:

Don't know how I figured the 2nd....!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good Jesse, yeah, a butt conditioner is what I'm thinkin'...for the Honey that is.....wait.....I might be getting into troubling water here......:eek:

Don't know how I figured the 2nd....!
Haha! YEP!

So you're free on the 4th? Let's set that "tentatively" and keep in touch. I'll be a whopped @$$ getting back from Hawaii that Monday, but I'm always up for a ride. It'll be a good warm up for an Iron Butt for me too. Google Maps has Newnan to the Wicked Wheel and back to Newnan at 520 miles. Not a bad day.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I may be up for this but my tires are getting borderline for a trip and I was going to try and squeeze out all tread life I could get....

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yep, pretty sure... gotta check with Janine though, I wanna take her down to see TB/PC and do a fairly long ride, should have the tourpak ready by then!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, pretty sure... gotta check with Janine though, I wanna take her down to see TB/PC and do a fairly long ride, should have the tourpak ready by then!
Sounds great! Just let me know, buddy!
Mike - if it comes through, hopefully you can make it. I completely understand about the tires though!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I'll be riding to Dothan weekend of 27 Apr, Memphis weekend of 4 May. Thinking about doing the gig (Ride / BBQ) down here in the Warm Springs area on 11 May. What say ya'll?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be riding to Dothan weekend of 27 Apr, Memphis weekend of 4 May. Thinking about doing the gig (Ride / BBQ) down here in the Warm Springs area on 11 May. What say ya'll?
I'm good for the 11th! My birthday is the 14th and I'll be turning the big 3-0. Perfect way to celebrate!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sounds good to me!!!!!

Whadya think about a fast ride over to Macon to see some Allman Bros memories? Janine and I are thinking about maybe staying overnight in WS and getting up to go over for the day on Sunday or Saturday depending on whatever day we decide on. I haven't looked at the mileage, but couldn't be that far from WS, certainly is a pretty ride!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts