Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone with a RGC try these? Did they make any difference? Also do you know if theye wii fit with my Lindbergh mustache engine guard? Mfr. said they should since they are not mounted to the guard, but to the fairing. Thanks

http://www.glideairdeflectorsystem.com/

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi, anyone with a RGC try these? Did they make any difference? Also do you know if theye wii fit with my Lindbergh mustache engine guard? Mfr. said they should since they are not mounted to the guard, but to the fairing. Thanks

http://www.glideairdeflectorsystem.com/
I only have the Lower Triple Tree Deflector... Honestly I cant tell if it really makes much of a difference or not.. Maybe just a little less air coming from under the fairing..

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm using the GADS with my Buky Engine Guard with no clearance issues. Added Sanchos Wings over the winter and have had a couple of opportunities to ride (before our current cold weather came in - snow flakes yesterday for crying out loud!) and I think the combo is working very well. With the Buky engine guard I had to give up the HD paddles on the OEM guard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I ended up getting Harleys wind deflectors that go on the engine guard. It fits fine and offers some improvement.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I use both HD crash bar baffles and GADS in the summer when I remove my lowers. They help .

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I installed the triple tree and under fairing deflectors. I am underwhelmed so far.
I have HD's dog dish in the same location and agree, it does the least of all the other deflectors I have.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I use both HD crash bar baffles and GADS in the summer when I remove my lowers. They help .
+1 ^^
I did the same thing as Gary.
When it was getting up over 100 degrees I took off the lower fairings and put on the Gads, I use the HD crash bar deflectors all the time. The Gads did help some with buffeting but not as much as the lower fairings do. I do get a lot more air flow around my legs with the Gads on then I do with the fairing lowers but when it is 100 to 120 degrees out you need all the air flow you can get. ;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
+ 2, when I take off the lowers they make a difference. I've had Sancho's deflectors since I can't remember, they help as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, so do you thing the GAD's are worth putting on in addition to Harley lower air deflectors? Is it worth another $40?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
When you have the opportunity out riding put your foot on top of the engine guard right next to the turn signal. This will block the wind the same way the GADS do. When i was thinking about them this is what the rep from GADS told me to do. I notice a difference and am glad I spent the money on the product. It was an easy 10 minute install, they mount between the turn signal and fairing. I can't speak specifically to the triple tree, because I installed all three at the same time and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
When you have the opportunity out riding put your foot on top of the engine guard right next to the turn signal. This will block the wind the same way the GADS do. When i was thinking about them this is what the rep from GADS told me to do. I notice a difference and am glad I spent the money on the product. It was an easy 10 minute install, they mount between the turn signal and fairing. I can't speak specifically to the triple tree, because I installed all three at the same time and couldn't be happier.
That's only partially true, the GADS don't have legs attached wrapped around the fuel tank.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had them for about a year and took them off because they were cracking. Haven't noticed any difference since I took them off.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Here's my $.02...
I am 6'5" with a 38" inseam. Over the last 2 years I've made the following changes to my bike.
First came the Mustang Super Tourer seat which sets me down 1" and back 2". I figured with my long legs I didn't need to go down any, but it is a very comfortable seat.
Next came the 16" Freedom Shield. I tried a 14" which was OK for me but the wife complained about the wind. I can just see over the top of the 16" and I could finally hear the radio.
I then put on the HD 'Dog Dish', engine guard wind deflectors. Not enough of a change that I really noticed.
I won a set of GADS at the SWIV raffle that have now been added to the set up. I will say that I've noticed less air around my face, my glasses don't bounce as much at times and the wife made the same comment on our ride last Sun. I can still feel the same amount of air on the sides of my head if that makes any sense.
I hope this info helps someone trying to make some of the same decisions.
We take off this Thurs for an 11 day trip. It'll be a good test.
We're back from our trip. Nothing to add.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I only have the Lower Triple Tree Deflector... Honestly I cant tell if it really makes much of a difference or not.. Maybe just a little less air coming from under the fairing..
Same. Noticed you have an RGC - did you get the HD engine guard deflectors? Very helpful. Dont know if they fit the lindby guard tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts