Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
GADS deflectors

do you have lower fairings installed also?
i'm thinking about the GADS but wondering if they'll help since i don't run lowers. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no lower fairings just a stock FLTRX. I was ready to sell it and go back to an Electra Glide till I figured out it wasn't a windshield problem and heard about these.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just try adding a set of soft lowers to go along with the GADS.;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a set of soft lowers but only use them in the morning. I heard they block the air from cooling the engine. Do you use them on warm/hot days?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Im wondering if they will fit with my crashbar mounted fogs...Ill have to do a little photo measuring when I get home...hopefully they will clear the mounting brackets..may give them a try!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Look into the Desert Dawgs soft lowers, you can run them regardless of the temp. They leave a larger gap between them than most of the other soft lowers allowing air to your motor.
I also have a set of Harley soft lowers, for me they are obsolete
I run the Desert Dawgs with the GADS package #1, Harley neck baffels and a 14" Windvest and get way better protection than on my EG Ultra with lowers. I run them up to 75 or 80 degrees.
Regardless of all the hype there is no 1 item that totally takes care of all the wind or turbulence. There are windshields that redirect the air coming over you fairing but you will still get the air up from under your fairing into your tank than your chest. The right products in combination will truely make your RoadGlide a wonderful riding experience.
Start with the least expensive and work your way up in cost. You will find your happy place.
Bob the GADS guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Used soft lowers w/GADS this winter, noticed a little less turbulance. But without lowers, noticed GADS also keeps some cold wind off the knees. Our weather here changes quickly,(warm to cold to warm) in fall and winter, so the lowers will stay on board then.;)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Got these put on today and they work great!!!!! No more wind swirling around my head. He shipped them out asap too.
+1! They made a big difference on my bike...

·
Registered
45 Posts
No, no lower fairings just a stock FLTRX. I was ready to sell it and go back to an Electra Glide till I figured out it wasn't a windshield problem and heard about these.
Nebraskraider1, I was thinking the other day, why the hell did I trade in my '03 FLHTC for this '09 FLTR given all the buffeting I've put up with:mad:.

Can somebody explain how these attach to the crash bars and other anchor points? Do they just snap on?

Thanks

66c10

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a set of these also along with their deflector for along the bottom of the tripletree.

The deflectors they're talking about here attach under the plate and acorn nuts that hold the turn signals to the fairing.

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nebraskraider1, I was thinking the other day, why the hell did I trade in my '03 FLHTC for this '09 FLTR given all the buffeting I've put up with:mad:.

Can somebody explain how these attach to the crash bars and other anchor points? Do they just snap on?

Thanks

66c10
What the last guy said they attach between the fairing bracket and the fairing, I took my time and it was about a 30 minute install, I moved my fairing brackets inward on the crash bar, probably not necessary but I didn't want to add any unneeded pressure to the fairing. After the first set I could do them in about 15 minutes I am sure. 2 nuts on the fairing mount and 2 allen bolts on the fairing to crash bar if you choose to move them inward. There is no attachment to the crash bar, they will just rest up against it. At first I thought they might rattle idling but they don't. I rode the bike today in some pretty good wind all directions and I am still very pleased with no more wind turbulence than my Electra Glide in the same amount of wind. Not too often do I pitch a product but I was just glad someone made these and I didn't have to fabricate something and have a potential eyesore on my bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
anybody have photos or video of their GADS installation? getting ready to install mine this morning and would like to have a visual of he installation to guide the process.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
anybody have photos or video of their GADS installation? getting ready to install mine this morning and would like to have a visual of he installation to guide the process.
Just installed them yesterday. not as complicated as it looked! here are some close ups of them installed with the LTTD as well

first picture shows the gads from the side. arros point to the adjustment slot and rear of teh turn signal mount

gads from the front. circle shows gads between the turn signal and the fairing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
next picture is of the LTTD from the right side looking down into the fairing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
heres a closeup of the right front gads

installation is really as simple as the instructions say, just remove the two nuts holding the turn signal to the fairing. DON'T PULL THE TURN SIGNAL WIRE OUT OF THE FAIRING. take the turn signal mount out of the fairing just enough to place the front mounting stud through the only hole on the gads. place both turn signal mounting studs back through the fairing and tighten to factory specs. the gads can be adjusted slightly forward or backward to provide the necessary clearance from the lowers (if installed). that's it! simple as pie.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Not sure from the photos, but they do not look like they are correctly installed. Mine are under the fairing, not between the light and fairing.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Just received my GADS, took less than 30 to put on. Did a quick run on the hwy just above the speed limit to make sure they would work :) I think they made a considerable difference. I could actually hear my radio @ 80 + and no more sunglasses moving on my face.

GADS were shipped to me in a couple of days once ordered. Certainly appreciate the quick turn around :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts