Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the GADS LTTD for my 2012. I only purchased the triple tree deflector, because I didn't want to add any visual changes.
I was told by Bob at Gads, that it works better as a full system, but there should still be a benefit with the one piece.
Anyone use the LTTD on it's own? And do you have before and after input.
Thank guys

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
I use the Harley dog dish. Similar to LLTD. It helps by it self.
All the wind deflectors help and the more you have the better protection. You just need to decide which ones and when's enough.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess even a little is better than none. I figured with the lowers that I put on (for the stereo) they will give me more protection, so I didn't really need the other parts of the GADS system.
I go get the bike next month so the ride back will tell me......

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I put one on my '11 SERGU I had and noticed that I could actually ride with my ballcap forward instead of backwards. Made just that much difference. I put one on my '15 but haven't had much chance to put miles on the new one with this weather.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
The Gads full system along with the HD wind deflector set that mounts between the engine guard and fuel tank gives me complete buffeting control. I add soft lowers in winter time but otherwise ride in complete comfort. The complete system is cheap enough and visually you can hardly even notice it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just bought the GADS LTTD for my 2012. I only purchased the triple tree deflector, because I didn't want to add any visual changes.
I was told by Bob at Gads, that it works better as a full system, but there should still be a benefit with the one piece.
Anyone use the LTTD on it's own? And do you have before and after input.
Thank guys
I purchased te GADS LTTD also as a stand alone. I'm not at home right now to install and use it, but I was told by Bob that it should help some with face wind.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didn't notice much difference in the buffeting zone but did feel the air on my shins. I believe username panwhenucan is bob from gads

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah, I was riding with my feet up on the crash bar the other day and realized how much less wind turbulence there is. If that is what gads does, I probably ought to pick up a set before shark week. I just don't know if I like the look.

·
Registered
196 Posts
On the topic of GADS, has anyone tried their GADSLAT traffic light activator. Saw it on their website and was thinking there is now way it could be that easy.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yeah, I was riding with my feet up on the crash bar the other day and realized how much less wind turbulence there is. If that is what gads does, I probably ought to pick up a set before shark week. I just don't know if I like the look.
When I was researching the product this is what Bob told me to do, and the product does the exact same thing. Thought i had made a mistake the buying the RGU until I installed them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just installed the full GADs set on my 2015 RG. Much better than without. My other bike is a VTX1800 with a Street Glide fairing with HD wind deflector extensions and Memphis Shades extended lowers which is a bit better but then that combo is wider than the new RG fairing. I stopped at the dealer and picked up the soft lowers that go over the crash bars and now we have a cold weather bike. It's still in the low 30s here in the mornings and taking the wind off is necessary if I'm going to ride. Note I ditched the stock RG windshield as it is too short for me and caused all the wind to hit me in the forehead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts