Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a pile of parts to install and there was no way I was paying Dealer labor rates so I did a bunch of reading and installed my parts myself. Parts installed were 14" Carlini Gangster apes, Dragos true duals, PM air cleaner, Arlen Ness deep comfort grips, LA choppers clutch, brake and 1.5" bar clamp. I included a picture of myself sitting on the bike I am 5'10 I searched high and low for people sitting on there bikes with apes so I could get a perspective. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Good job man, bike looks good!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to throw a few thank you's out there. Donk thanks for the detailed write up I would have been lost without it. Redneckmedic thanks for your time and questions you answered for me. Frank over at Drago's thanks for taking my calls about the thundermax your customer service is top notch sir.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bike looks great, congrats on doing the work yourself. I like those bars, they look like the perfect height for a very comfortable ride. Uinta County native here currently lost in the patch in Ohio.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody! I am definitely glad I did it myself plus I know so much more about my bike. Riding103 I been lost in the patch since 2003 from Utah to Wyoming to Colorado. Good times huh.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are sweet. I really want them myself but Im not payn dealer shop prices and Im too chicken sh*t to do it myself...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
836 Posts
Those are sweet. I really want them myself but Im not payn dealer shop prices and Im too chicken sh*t to do it myself...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App
Its really not that bad. Just read donks post. If you get stuck you can always ask for help plus youtube is awesome for the little steps such as how to change the clutch lever or other things like that if you've never done it before.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts