Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2016 Road Glide Ultra
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure what the "real cost" of this solution is, but I simply placed 3M tape on my mini-remote and stuck it inside the left-hand box. Works great. It's not in the way and it's easy to access and operate.
No need to spend big $$$$ to affect a great solution. ;)馃

Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car

Registered
Not sure what the "real cost" of this solution is, but I simply placed 3M tape on my mini-remote and stuck it inside the left-hand box. Works great. It's not in the way and it's easy to access and operate.
No need to spend big $$$$ to affect a great solution. ;)馃
My setup too, but I've got the larger 3-button square one velcro'ed in the glove box. Works great.

Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
I carry my garage door opener, on my keychain, it looks like an alarm, it's actually a 3 door garage opener, so I have a hooked keychain for every motorized vehicle that I have,
My Glide no different, hook ring with a key,....fob, ..
and garage door opener....馃榿
Car alarm Product Gadget Material property Communication Device

The hook works great on belt loops, the fob and remote barely fit in your pocket so they don't bind up when you ride, and yet easy to pull out, when needed.....
And yess....
I am living proof that there were amazing drugs back in the 70s...... .
Wich is why I need the hook latch keychain, hard to lose them if they're hooked to your Levi's, the fob is at Optimum distance for communication with the ecm. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
2017 RGS Olive Gold
Nice and simple! (y) I have a couple bikes so I just keep mine in a zippered inside pocket of my jacket. Just have to bump my chest as I approach the house.... When I switch from winter to summer jackets, I gotta remember to move the remote too. Minor drawback. ;)

Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
My three button opener just lays in the left compartment, flip up as I turn corner, touch button, viola! no Velcro. I don't even remove when dropped at dealership...

Registered
I did the same thing years ago with mine. Double sided tape in the left side compartment. Works like a charm

Reactions: NCPiper

Registered
2020 FLTRK
What a "duah" moment, so simple... I have the HD liners, I just added hook velcro and "viola", the perfect solution to a problem I've had for ever... still trying to figure out how I missed that one. Done. Thanks.

Registered
I keep mine laying loose in the left side compartment now, but I think I鈥檓 gonna add the Velcro to make a little more room in there. Thanks for the idea!

Registered
I used a Harley pre '14 odometer switch wired in to an old remote with a broken case, tied into the ACC circuit with a dropping resistor on my "12...mounted in a switch blank. I still have this unit as I removed it from the '12 before trading. ...the switch blanks on the '20 are too small to mount the swith.....and I am reluctant to drill a hole in the new bike. I have heard that there is a simple ( not the expensive complete GDO switch) momentary contact switch that will replace the lighter.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts