Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know if anyone has tinkered with the right side hand control that is currently empty that could possibly be used for a garage door opener? My thought is that a OEM button could be installed in the blank. If the control board from a remote can fit inside the grip housing, then it would be the perfect place to put a garage door opener.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I don't think you could fit a control board in there, but with the right momentary switch, you could probably wire the switch there and run wires wherever you can hide the remote.

I went with the odometer reset button on the gauge nacelle, but I'm working with a 13.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also did the odometer reset button and hid my remote in the speedo housing. The parts guy at the counter was pissed. He just installed the HD garage door opener...$12 vs. $100+ Not sure where you would install on a 2015, but the odometer reset button is so obscure, you could put it anywhere

·
Registered
532 Posts
Why not get the moment switch where you are looking at and just put long enough wires through the bars to find some available location for the remote board? With less wires inside the bars this should be a lot easier?

·
Registered
532 Posts
On my 13 I moved the Odo switch to center of the gauges and usedthe origonal switch location as the garage switch.

On the '15 you have quiet a few empty switch plugs on the neck/gauge area right?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses!!! Much appreciated. I'll have to play around a bit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a small three button garage door opener that I velcroed on the underside of the left inner fairing glove box. I simply pop it open and hit the button. Sometimes I think people over-think this stuff.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a small three button garage door opener that I velcroed on the underside of the left inner fairing glove box. I simply pop it open and hit the button. Sometimes I think people over-think this stuff.
I did exactly the same thing on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts