Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would start a thread since I am starting to get a plan in place on the direction I am gonna go. Progress will not be as quick as my BBP Ultra as money is a little tighter now than it is was then.

So here she is as she sat when I picked her up:

To be continued..................................

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few little simple homemade modes. Used dark smoke vinyl on the fork and saddlebag reflectors. I didn't bother taking off the fronts for now because a chrome front will come eventually.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Nice start, looking forward to seeing what's next, that is a great color, and one we might not see a lot of!

Now where's that windshield? LOL

And take a pic with that damn reflector off from above the tag, I know you did it already, that reflector is more annoying than the one below the tag on the 2010-2013's!

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Subscribed.

Best new color in my opinion but you already know that. If you need any help making any decisions just let us know, we'll help for sure.

I like what you did with the reflectors. What kind of vinyl did you use and where did u source it?

I also love that new front fender. Way better lines than the old one on 2013 back models.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Nice, I really like that color. I dont know why they don't offer that color on the Special.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice, I really like that color. I dont know why they don't offer that color on the Special.
I guess the same reason they don't offer the Superior Blue on the regular. To give each model and exclusive color.

@calgaryglide: I bought a sample 12x12 sheet of vinyl on ebay for like $4 shipped. I bought several sample piece of vinyl from a few different sellers for some small projects I did. Better than buying a full sheet or roll.

Here is the seller I bought from. Clickity Click

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now where's that windshield? LOL

And take a pic with that damn reflector off from above the tag, I know you did it already, that reflector is more annoying than the one below the tag on the 2010-2013's!
That is my question too!!! LOL

I'll get a pic of the front and rear signals which shows the eyesore of a reflector gone.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few small upgrades done over the last few weeks.

Custom Dynamics Dynamic Rings and red rear clusters with smoke lenses. Also removed that eyesore of a reflector above the light bar.

Streamliner shifter pegs. Which should have come standard. And 1" floorboard spacers.

Willie G. fuel door

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Love that color. Short question: I took a quick look at that rear reflector because I want it off. Does the turn signal bar have to come off in order to remove the reflector? It looked like the reflector was screwed in to the turn signal bar to me.

Thanks,
Scoots

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Nice start, looking forward to seeing what's next, that is a great color, and one we might not see a lot of!
+1 on the color, love it, thats my favorite color. Have you seen the new headlight trim from Hells Foundry? Looks pretty good but pricey @ $249 for chrome and I know you're starting out slow on the cheap. They're doing gloss black, carbon and gonna do color match too but you could color match yourself.

http://www.hellsfoundry.com/headlight-options-fltr.htm

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new bike. Love that color. Short question: I took a quick look at that rear reflector because I want it off. Does the turn signal bar have to come off in order to remove the reflector? It looked like the reflector was screwed in to the turn signal bar to me.

Thanks,
Scoots
Thanks.

The reflector is attached to the light bar. I am sure it could come off without removing the light bar with the right tool. But for me it was easier to just remove the bar. Two bolts on the inside of the fender and that is it. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 on the color, love it, thats my favorite color. Have you seen the new headlight trim from Hells Foundry? Looks pretty good but pricey @ $249 for chrome and I know you're starting out slow on the cheap. They're doing gloss black, carbon and gonna do color match too but you could color match yourself.

http://www.hellsfoundry.com/headlight-options-fltr.htm
Interesting. But yes very pricey. I have thought of a few cheaper options for the headlight surround. Gotta see if it will work this winter when I finally get around to taking the outer fairing off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Garemlin

I too have the same color as you. I would have prefered this color in the Special but it only came in the Standard. The bonus for me is that mine came from the plant with ABS and Security added. It was a bonus I had to pay for but am now glad that I have. It will be slow customizing for me as well. I think I have the same backrest as you do. By weekend I should have my HD 19" windshield as I demo rode 250 miles with the 15" Wind Splitter and the height fell right across my eye line and I didn't want that. I have almost 2k miles on mine and I absolutely love this bike.

DC

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Singing a much sweeter tune now.

4" Rineharts. Was planning on going with black with chrome tips like I had on my RG Ultra. But I got a deal on these new that it was impossible to pass up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts