Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I recall the LM is only for the original purchaser. I need to check that. Does it have an SD card in it? Mine had to have an SD card for the map update. Thinking about one for my wife so when she is calling me from the road complaining about her GPS, I can help her.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on the map thing. It has a micro SD slot behind the battery, but I've never used that. I use Garmin Express that's downloaded on my computer. I plug the cable into my laptop, and connect the Garmin to it. It auto detects & automatically checks for updates. I don't believe that I've ever needed to log into Garmin Express, it just opens up, detects the device & checks for updates. I also use the cable to connect the GPS to my computer when bringing in custom routes that I've planned using "Moto Go Loco's" website(MotoGoLoco | The Home of Biker Friendly). I create a route, save it & export to my desktop, then drag it into the GPX folder on the Garmin. Seems to work great that way.

I recall the LM is only for the original purchaser. I need to check that. Does it have an SD card in it? Mine had to have an SD card for the map update. Thinking about one for my wife so when she is calling me from the road complaining about her GPS, I can help her.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm not sure on the map thing. It has a micro SD slot behind the battery, but I've never used that. I use Garmin Express that's downloaded on my computer. I plug the cable into my laptop, and connect the Garmin to it. It auto detects & automatically checks for updates. I don't believe that I've ever needed to log into Garmin Express, it just opens up, detects the device & checks for updates. I also use the cable to connect the GPS to my computer when bringing in custom routes that I've planned using "Moto Go Loco's" website(MotoGoLoco | The Home of Biker Friendly). I create a route, save it & export to my desktop, then drag it into the GPX folder on the Garmin. Seems to work great that way.
As long as you didn't remove the SD card all is good. It probably stored the map updates there without you realizing it. I am going to check with the wife and see if she wants me to bid on it, and call Garmin to see about the LM updates.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this unit new & there never was an SD card in that slot. You can insert a micro SD card in & use for map transfer or adding music to it. Like I said earlier, I've never used it.

As long as you didn't remove the SD card all is good. It probably stored the map updates there without you realizing it. I am going to check with the wife and see if she wants me to bid on it, and call Garmin to see about the LM updates.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
i bought a used 660lm and had no trouble with the map updates. if i recall correctly, the seller did a factory reset and i just had to plug it in and register it with garmin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts