Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have this unit, how do you interface with it? Is it possible to connect with the stock HK radio using a adapter through the back of the head unit? Or is the only way to hear the XM is through a blue tooth headset?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Those of you who have this unit, how do you interface with it? Is it possible to connect with the stock HK radio using a adapter through the back of the head unit? Or is the only way to hear the XM is through a blue tooth headset?
The connection is thru the Aux jack. Normally, that is on the front of the HK Radio. However, there are how-to's on moving the connection to the rear. Here is one thread on that topic. There are probably more here, and lots more on the rest of the internet.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connection is thru the Aux jack. Normally, that is on the front of the HK Radio. However, there are how-to's on moving the connection to the rear. Here is one thread on that topic. There are probably more here, and lots more on the rest of the internet.
Thanks! I was hoping harley had some part or add on they sold that allowed for it. I will dig into your link.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Plugging into the aux input will allows me to hear all of the GPS functions on a 660 (Not the HD Version) and the CB radio on the 7 pin headset plugged in to the center console. I can hear and talk on my BT phone thru the GPS as long as I am standing still but in motion all the other end hears is wind.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look into the HDBomm and spoiled biker blue tooth interface module that plugs into the wired connections and allows the use of blue tooth. You would still use the aux jack to play music through the radio speakers but if you have blue tooth such as a Sena unit you can talk on your phone that is connected to the gps if you have the HDBomm and spoiled biker unit.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the 665 connected with the J&M bluetooth integrator which allows me to answer the phone, hear mp3, XM, radio, cd all while getting driving directions. Unit is pricey and not very reliable. You have to hold your tongue to the left, tab the handle bar three times and hope that all syncs up in order for it to work. It is a reakl PIA and John (J&M) like to blame tbe garmin unit as being the issue. However my I-phone has no issues syncing with the garmin and it coonects up perfectly everytime.

If you only want to listen to XM or MP3 player through Garmin, the auxillary port is the easy way to go.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I have the 665 connected with the J&M bluetooth integrator which allows me to answer the phone, hear mp3, XM, radio, cd all while getting driving directions. Unit is pricey and not very reliable. You have to hold your tongue to the left, tab the handle bar three times and hope that all syncs up in order for it to work. It is a reakl PIA and John (J&M) like to blame tbe garmin unit as being the issue. However my I-phone has no issues syncing with the garmin and it coonects up perfectly everytime.

If you only want to listen to XM or MP3 player through Garmin, the auxillary port is the easy way to go.
I use the Bluetooth on the 665 and headphones in my helmet. My iPhone is synced to the 665, and I have full phone functionality. No issues at all. From what I have been told, when I speak, it is audible, and when I don't, there is some background wind noise. With the XM, a 16gig MicroSD card filled with MP3's, I have all the music I need. I have a J&M Bluetooth headset and it works so well, I never even use the radio anymore, except for a clock. As a matter of fact, next time I take off the fairing, the Sony/Biketronics is coming out and the stock HK unit is going back in. It has a bigger clock!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the Bluetooth on the 665 and headphones in my helmet. My iPhone is synced to the 665, and I have full phone functionality. No issues at all. From what I have been told, when I speak, it is audible, and when I don't, there is some background wind noise. With the XM, a 16gig MicroSD card filled with MP3's, I have all the music I need. I have a J&M Bluetooth headset and it works so well, I never even use the radio anymore, except for a clock. As a matter of fact, next time I take off the fairing, the Sony/Biketronics is coming out and the stock HK unit is going back in. It has a bigger clock!
I will be using a Scala G9, assuming I will be doing a similiar setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts