Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I put the bike down for the winter. I should:
A. Fill gas tank all the way and add stabile?
B. Leave as little gas in the tank as possible?
C. Other

Can someone help a brother out?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I put seafoam in the tank with the last premium unleaded ethanol free fuel available around here. Drive home and park it. New plugs in the spring and I am off. No problems in 12 seasons.

·
Registered
972 Posts
This is what I do:

Put in my additive
Fill bike and ride for 10 minutes
Park bike
fill to the top using a gas can

·
Registered
127 Posts
gas additive

C. other.......ride it all year long!! there is no down time.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
C, Make sure the tires are inflated to max PSI
D, Change oils unless just recently done.
E, Put the battery on a battery tender especially if you have the security system installed.
F, Cover with a breathable bike cover.
That's all I have on long term storage.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I use Stabil Marine (green/blue) rather than the red Stabil. Slightly more $, but better at controlling moisture I have heard.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I usually ride mine until the first snow fall.
Then I put it in the heated garage and hook up the Battery Tender.
Do whatever mods need to be done while the riding weather is bad.
When a good rain fall comes and washes away the salt and sand from the roads I take a nice long ride.
Have never done anything else and never had a problem.
May look into the fuel additive for this winter after reading all the good info here.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Hard to do with all that white crap coming. I fill to the top add stabil run it for awhile and that's it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Exactly what i do. Scott if you need or want to keep the scoot in a garage youre more than welcome to swing by. Got plenty o room in the garage. That way if theres a nice day you wont have to dig a path the your shed

·
Registered
79 Posts
This thread brings a tear to my eye first time I'll have to think about this since moving outa Nevada

Naw, might be a bit cold at times but we ride most of the year. Unless your in Pokey, then you might be screwed..lol

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Exactly what i do. Scott if you need or want to keep the scoot in a garage youre more than welcome to swing by. Got plenty o room in the garage. That way if theres a nice day you wont have to dig a path the your shed
Appreciate that bud. I'll let you know. Gonna go to my brothers for some surgery soon. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I store 12 bikes for the winter. My procedure is to fill and add Stabil then put several miles on to be sure the mixture is through the lines and injectors.

In the past when I stored them at less than full, I found that there was a loss of fuel as much as a half gallon due to evaporation. More surface area to evaporate with about a half tank.

I do keep three ready to ride through the winter. I ride if it is 20+ and clear roads. Not a challenge at all. Keeps the skills up.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
This thread brings a tear to my eye first time I'll have to think about this since moving outa Nevada

Naw, might be a bit cold at times but we ride most of the year. Unless your in Pokey, then you might be screwed..lol
Further north ... Idaho falls area , hell it started snowing today but nothing stuck so I'm still riding :D numb fingers and still loving it ... At least now I can ride the snow sleds in a great area !!! It always looked odd having them in the back yard in the desert

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 32 Posts