Road Glide banner

Gas sniffers

4K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  ironmark 
#1 ·
Are the o2 sensors on our bikes narrow or wide band?

#4 ·
Cool. I need to figure out what connections do what. I'm wanting to add a pair of O2 sensors.

#5 ·
Hey Norm, if your pipes don't already have the bigger bungs, most muffler shops have them in stock. Easy install about 3"s from the heads on the head pipes put in a direction where the sensors clear everything. Cheap to do yourself if you have a big wielder. Good luck.

#7 ·
My idea was to use the stock 02 sensors and hook them up to aftermarket air/fuel gauges. The smarter thing to do would probably be to get some sensors and mount them in the front holes on my rhinehart pipes. I have 2 up top that are currently blocked off and two down below which my stock sensors are in. My stock sensors aren't doing anything because I'm currently running the PCV. I want to get TTS soon so the utilizing the front holes in my pipes probably would be the best option.

#14 ·
The T-max auto tunes the AFR in real time and does it all the time the engine is running and you don't have to flash the ECM after a tune session. I have the Power Vision now and it doesn't have the autotune pro but you have to do a auto tune session and reflash the ECM after the auto tune session. I am not as familiar with the Power Vision as I am with the T-max.

#15 ·
Yeah correct and the ECM isn't even on the bike with a T-Max. Also after the learning session, you have to save the session to a new Map name, then save it for later comparisons on how well the T-max is tuning and how far it has gotten along in the tuning process. Both are great systems, neither are as good as a dyno.

#16 ·
What I was talking about was to run two sets of sensors. One to run the air/fuel gauges and the other to run the tuner.

#18 ·
Correct, the Power Vision with the Target Tune add-on tunes continuously with the wide band sensors, and also has the ability to show you the readings on the screen as you ride. The PV can show you as many as 20 different gauges spread across 4 scrollable screens full time as you ride. There are 30-some different parameters you can choose from to set up as gauges. (The PV unit does not have to be permanently mounted to bike, although I have had mine on my bike for 5 years)

Neither the TTS or the Thundermax offer this capability.

#19 ·
Correct, the Power Vision with the Target Tune add-on tunes continuously with the wide band sensors, and also has the ability to show you the readings on the screen as you ride. The PV can show you as many as 20 different gauges spread across 4 scrollable screens full time as you ride. There are 30-some different parameters you can choose from to set up as gauges. (The PV unit does not have to be permanently mounted to bike, although I have had mine on my bike for 5 years)

Neither the TTS or the Thundermax offer this capability.
I have two of the T-Max's on older bikes and can honestly say, I wished the Vision would have been out when I bought. It seems like so much of a better unit.

#21 ·
Can PV go off a base tune created by PCV. PCV is what I have for the time being. I was looking at TTS because it is considerably less expensive and seemed to have more tunability than the PV. The fuel/air gauge is just another tuning tool.

#22 ·
Norm, I would suggest you invest in one of two things. If you are gonna do more mods later, buy the Power Vision with the auto tuning, which also lets you custom adjust your map also, or get your bike dyno tuned with a direct link or TTS which reprograms your ECM. Like I said, if you plan on doing more mods later, get the Power Vision, you won't be sorry.

#23 ·
I run both and even though I just got the Power Vision and I am still learning the things I can do with it I still have problems with it throwing DTc's
The PV has to be reflashed after each tuning session and when I run a auto tune session I get all sorts of serial data error, turn signal, speedometer DTC's it seems that if I don't use auto tune these DTC's don't come up but I have to get more riding time to verify this.
I also get a PO132 DTC which is front O2 sensor high open and no matter how many auto tune sessions I have run so far it will not tune the AFR to the point where this DTC doesn't come up any more, I replaced the front O2 sensor and it didn't make a difference.
Also the PV gauges will go out when riding and I have to reset them and I did run the wires over the top of the tank under the dash console.
On the T-max all I had to do is put in the base map and ride the bike the T-max auto tuned the AFR and I didn't have to do a thing, if I was getting a little pinging I could go in and adjust the timing and once I got the timing right I never had to touch the T-Max tuner again.
Personally at this time I liked the T-max over the PV but I had more time with it and I am use to it. I do like the features the PV offers though and maybe over time I will grow to like it

#24 ·
I still have problems with it throwing DTc's The PV has to be reflashed after each tuning session and when I run a auto tune session I get all sorts of serial data error, turn signal, speedometer DTC's it seems that if I don't use auto tune these DTC's don't come up but I have to get more riding time to verify this.
I also get a PO132 DTC which is front O2 sensor high open and no matter how many auto tune sessions I have run so far it will not tune the AFR to the point where this DTC doesn't come up any more, I replaced the front O2 sensor and it didn't make a difference.
Also the PV gauges will go out when riding and I have to reset them and I did run the wires over the top of the tank under the dash console.
The PV gauges going out and speedo issues suggest a power loss going on somewhere. Check your ground cable connections at your battery frame and engine ground cables. I had a loose battery cable that was causing similar problems.

#26 ·
I've read the TTS Manual and holy shit is that a lot of information. It obviously can't be simplified down to air and fuel... But I still think the gauge would be cool. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.