Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding the hd flood light kit and have to remove the gas tank to run the wire harness and some speakers wires for the tourpac .I reviewed the service manual for the gas tank part of this job and I also read the partial removel part of the service manual which brings me to my questions
anybody out there added these lights ? did you have to completely remove he tank?
Does the tank have to be empty of fuel if your doing a partial removel ?
Can i remove the fuse run the bike until it is out of fuel and then open the check valve wthout taking a bath ? or burning the bike and my house to the ground?

thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob:

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I can't say for the HD Floodlight kit but here is an excellent write up with pics from the Iron Aces Website on how the remove the Fuel Tank. It is a really simple job to perform and not worth trying to get around pulling it completely.

I don't bother pulling the fuse and running it out of fuel, just have a rag handy to catch the few drips you may get when undoing the quick release fuel connection.

http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/products/iron-aces-speed-shop/isimple-is75-polywire-iphone-ipod-hardwire-kit/pdf/isimple-is75-polywire-iphone-ipod-hardwire-kit-installation-guide.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts