Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a way to brighten up the gauges of my '15 RGS other than taking them apart to install brighter LEDs? Is there a way for an end-user (me) to set-up the BRIGHTNESS of the gauges with prompts from the existing controls on my bike? I am having a very, VERY difficult time seeing/deciphering the digits/symbols on my speed/tach/fuel/volt gauges. While the present color scheme of my gauges may look "special", simple white digits on black background works best for my eyes...but just increasing the light intensity so I can see/decipher the digits of my '15 would be good enough. Suggestions?

Please don't make me go all Dakota Digital...cuz I'm not done with the easy stuff yet :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, the dash lights are not set up on a dimmer control. Two options are left. 1). Replace all of your gauges, which is quite costly, or 2). Replace the LED's that are soldered onto the circuit board of the Speedometer and Tachometer and removing the colored sleeve off of the bulbs in the smaller gauges (assuming you want white light). There is a tutorial on the thread right above yours on how to change the Speedometer and tachometer LED's, or you can send them out and have both done for around $175.00. Hope this helps. Speed safely.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I was hoping for a more simple fix. Yeah...I'd be really happy with brighter lights for more definition. Where would I send the stockers to be modified?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts