Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove shroud around speedo to get painted. I'm stuck at the ignition. I removed the knob but not sure what's next? Help me please ....

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
The top piece is a nut. Remove it and lift off the remaining components.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The top piece is a nut. Remove it and lift off the remaining components.
Thanks. I got it. This is why I absolutely love this forum......great people w lots of knowledge. Thank you zman

Reactions: Caveman

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone have any information on taking the buttons out after you get that off? as far as the accessory, speaker and cruise out from the nacelle

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just disconnect the wire(s) and pull the switch(s) out. Mark the wires so you know what's what.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
I want to actually take the button's out to have the nacelle painted...
I used a really small flat head and applied pressure to the sides where the buttons click in... that made it so I could push one side of the button into the nacelle and then the other side just popped out.

The other thing I did that was helpful to me was to put my ignition switch back in without the nacelle. This did 2 things... 1 I was able to keep the parts in order and not lose any.... but it also allowed me to unlock the forks and manipulate the bars and front wheel.

So far the hardest part of the process is figuring out what wires live in the nacelle and what get pulled through. I'm worried that I will create a problem with wires rubbing the bottom edge of the nacelle every time the bars get turned.

D.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Still Helpful

This thread is still of great interest for the 2015, particularly when you want to roll your bars past that damn pin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts